Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Book on the Market!

Hello Everyone,

Busy week here as usual. It began with a day at jury duty on Monday. The court didn't realize that Monday is my day to work at the shop and I had to miss it! I've now served my civil obligation for a year....thank goodness.

A beautiful new book arrived at the shop called Four Seasons at Minglewood by Debbie Roberts.  It is absolutely gorgeous and the designs are everything I love about quilting.  All of the photos for the book were shot at Minglewood Lodge located in Gretna, Nebraska.  After reading this book, I'm ready for a road trip to Nebraska!


This quilt is called Christmas Traditions.  I also think it would looked fabulous in Civil War colors.  You will be seeing more from this wonderful book full of beautiful quilts and ideas.  It is pure eye candy and inspiration.

On the yo yo front........171 down......only 405 to go!  Actually I have more made, but they aren't on the hourglass backing yet.

I'm so motivated by the new book that I think I should write one and have a photo shoot at our cabin.  I'll name my book Quilting at Wilder's Last Resort.  Don't you think it has a nice ring to it?  I have a hard enough time getting a pattern written.....I can't imagine writing a whole book! 

On a personal note.  Back in November I shared information about my cousin Melody and her breast cancer diagnosis.  Over the past four months, she has undergone 6 rounds of chemotherapy to shrink the tumors.  Today she is having a double mastectomy followed by 6 weeks of radiation.  My sister is with her for the next few days, and I'll be with her this weekend.   Melody is like a sister to my sister and me.  She is witty, smart, fun to be with, and always keeps you on your toes when playing card games.  Keep all fingers and toes crossed please.

Enjoy life and this day,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. This is one book I'm putting on my book list. It looks wonderful. Good thoughts being sent to your cousin..hope she recovers quickly. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on the lookout for that book.
    Glad to hear you didn't get stuck on jury duty forever. That sure isn't fun!
    Hugs, Kisses and Best Wishes to your sister cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing jury duty so fast, Lynn (wink)! Maybe if you had been picked for a trial you could have made some more yo-yo's while you were there, but what you've done so far is really admirable! Wow - the new book looks like a lot of wonderful eye candy and I see your vision of CS fabrics in it! I love the idea of seeing a book from your cabin, too! We're sending good thoughts for your cousin and hoping for the best!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete