Monday, June 27, 2011

More Minglewood Blocks

Hello Everyone,

I don't have too much to show after my busy week of working, teaching and birthday celebrations.

I did get a chance to work on the Path Through the Woods block for the Minglewood quilt.  In comparing the two versions of the block, it is hard to tell they have the exact same pieces and colors in each block.  The cutting and piecing directions are the same also.


I just switched things up a bit to create this block.  I didn't want to have two big 'X's in my quilt, so this version eliminated one X.  It is so much fun to play with all of the block components in the book and be creative.  I was able to work more green into the quilt with these two blocks.  I thought I was a little heavy on the red side, so the next few blocks will shy away from red.


Here are all of the blocks in random order without any sashing or border.  The fabrics that I selected for the next two blocks is strong on green also.  If you are interested in the BOM through In Between Stitches, click HERE for all of the details. The blocks finish at 12" and the whole quilt will be 101" X 101".   The program starts in July, so I'd better hurry up and get the blocks done so I can select sashing and border fabrics!  Are there any other colors you would like to see in this quilt?

This quilt has been so much fun to make, and goes so fast, that I'm seriously thinking about making one in Christmas colors.  Now I didn't say Christmas of 2011.....how about for Christmas 2012?


I'm off to the shop to work this morning.  Another busy week on the horizon before the 4th of July.  We will have lots of family time over the holiday.  That means fixing our favorite family recipies for all to enjoy!

As always,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. You are killing me with these beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - those Jo prints are just my colors! I wish my bed was big enought for Minglewood! Maybe we'll have to get a bigger one for Christmas so I can make Minglewood Christmas version! Have fun this week, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go again, I so want to be that little mouse in your pocket and see all that's being fixed in the kitchen this weekend.... Yum! Just a little crumb here and there would be fine for me!
    Have fun... Love your blocks! What's there not to love that this Lynn puts on her BLOG?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your blocks look great. It'd be interesting to see this in christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete