Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I met with some of "my girls" on Tuesday for Sew'n Wild Oaks.  This is what they've been up to over the past few weeks.
 
Mary finished her beautiful and intricate wall hanging. The original pattern was made in batiks.  Mary added her own style to it and it is beautiful.
 

Barbara finished her Heritage top!


She changed up the border fabric and it looks so good Barbara.


Barbara also just returned from Texas and look what pattern followed her home.  "Tex" is going to be protecting her house!


Mary also finished her Heritage top!  I keep saying my girls are impeccable and fast finishers. Well done!


Jeanne is working on her blocks for Heritage.  Her attention to detail surpasses me!


Pat has a great start on her Lucy Boston quilt.  There is so much detail in each and every block.


Barbara is also working on her little plaid elephants.  Their ears may be polka dots, or flowers.  Whatever she decides, they are going to be a cute elephant herd.


Karen is sewing her Walk in the Park rows together.  Very striking!


Dianne is making Lil' Orphan Scrappy in such happy colors.  Love it!


Cindy is making a quilt for the Orlando tragedy.  All of her hearts are foundation pieced.  This is going to be a treasured quilt.


Nancy is making a little basket pillow from my Buttonwood pattern.  This is the optional project from my retreat last year.


Mary is putting her own spin on my Summers Blush pattern.  It is great fun to see this one in a different colorway.

 
I'm off to Cloth and Quilts in Turlock to teach Heritage today.  There's always a nice group of quilters waiting for me in the spacious classroom. My quilting projects bags are packed and I'm ready to go!
 
Soon,
Lynn
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects!!! I was home working on my Kim Diehl Walk in the Park. I missed you all yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwee they have been busy bees haven't they. As always, some lovely work, but I really loved the eleflumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! It's all wonderful from stem to stern! I gotta say though, Tex can follow me home anytime! There are 3 Longhorn steers living the good life up the road from us and I have to go that way every once in awhile just to add a smile to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the eye candy. They are an amazing group of piecers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some very dedicated quilters and very talented!
    Love them all! Hope the class goes well, and have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ladies are indeed amazing! Love seeing their beautiful quilty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work everyone! I want to "channel" you all!!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete