Thursday, November 16, 2017

Country Sunshine Version #2

Hello Everyone,
 
In between naps and reading by the fire, I spent a fair bit of time in my cozy sewing nook and worked on a new version of Country Sunshine.  I LOVE the rust and teal together.
 

It all begins with the fabrics......Crystal Farm by Laundry Basket Quilts.  I'm using the bottom half of the stack.  Most likely the top half will end up pieced together for a backing.


I'm pattern testing as I go by following my cutting directions and placing the pieces on my block layout sheet. First I make a few components, in this case I made four flying geese and four double flying geese and placed them on the layout.  I get a good feel for how this block is going to come together.  I know what you are thinking right about now.  I can hear you thinking out load about how many pieces it takes to make this block.  But, the end result is a beautiful block that looks much more intricate than it really is.

 
Here are a couple of close ups of some of the blocks.
 


The blocks will be on point when sewn into the quilt.  This will completely change the dynamics.


This is my reward for the past few days of quilting.  By focusing on the darker side of the palette, I think this quilt is going to be perfect for Fall.

 
This is the original Country Sunshine in Rachael Remembered fabrics.  It still needs to be quilted.  I can blame our move to the mountains on the fact that this quilt still isn't finished.......nor the pattern.

 
I'm feeling much better this morning.  The tea, chicken soup, quilting, and rest is just what the doctor ordered.
 
Soon,
Lynn


6 comments:

  1. I love this block especially the gold/rose combo! Really like the way the cornerstones made a secondary pattern in the "original" Country Sunshine quilt too. Very glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are just gorgeous! I love the pattern with those rich, beautiful fabrics. I'm also happy to read that you're feeling better. Is the rain dumping on you guys on your side of the mountain? We're up to 4.50" on my side and it's still pouring buckets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend. The quilt blocks look beautiful....and yes, you're right about that being a lot of pieces but well worth it. Rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy to hear that you are feeling better . . . That quilt is beyond gorgeous. If I would have made it I would be shouting it from the roof tops . . . You are amazing!
    So much talent.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Connie
    P.S. I have a Give A Way going on . . . Come put your name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do make the prettiest quilts, Lynn. And "Yay!" for feeling better - always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just gorgeous Lynn!! You have such a great sense of what looks good together!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete