Monday, September 2, 2019

Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat Day 1

Hello Everyone,
 
I had the pleasure of spending four days with the wonderful group of incredibly talented, funny, and kind-hearted women at my Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat at Snowflake Lodge in Arnold, CA.
 

The staff had the room all set and ready to go.


It quickly filled with everything related to quilting.
 

 
The kits and the bundles were waiting to be fondled.
 




We kicked off the day with lunch outside.  This is where the new friendships started to grow.


Then ladies, start your engines and let the quilting begin!







We break around 4:30pm for appetizers and wine before dinner. 



The food was delicious as always.  The staff at Snowflake Lodge went out of their way to make our stay absolutely the best!



The quilting resumed after dinner until 9pm.  That's when I turn into a pumpkin and need to get some rest.  This is my Heartfire pattern.  I love the red hexie!


Penni shared her house quilt.

Daily, she makes a house block.  Each window of the house shows something significant about her day.  Pretty amazing!  At the end of the year, she's going to have a huge quilt with the diary of her life.


More pictures tomorrow so you can see the amazing time we had together.  We laughed until we cried.  The time spent with this group of women filled my heart to overflowing.  I love them all!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I spy some familiar faces and everyone with a smile. I'm glad it was a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very special time. I am living and enjoying the memories. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, thanks for having the greatest retreat ever! Looking forward to August 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I say that I am just a bit jealous? Looks like a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete