Monday, December 9, 2019

The Decorating Continues

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been moving quilts around to show as much red and green as I can in the cabin for Christmas.  My Heritage quilt is on display on a ladder in the corner of the great room.  The ice skates on the sled belonged to my mom and are circa 1930.  The skis on the wall are from the same era.
  

Mazey likes to curl up under the tree and dream of sugarplums, and chasing squirrels.


The House on Edgewood Lane is the quilt under the tree.  This was my very first design that started me in the world of quilt designs.  It will always hold a special place in my heart.


The center house section is a tribute to the little house where I grew up in Paradise, CA. The house was lost in the Camp Fire, but the memories of growing up there are forever etched in my heart.


I had a fun day yesterday at The Purple Orchid Inn in Livermore.  In Between Stitches hosted their annual Preview Party Christmas luncheon.  Here are some of my friends at the Grinch table.  These ladies are just the opposite of a Grinch.  They are the kindest, and most caring, creative women I know.  They would gladly fill up a sleigh full of toys and spread goodwill throughout the world.


Barbara and Melody decorated their fun table.  Their shirts had flashing light too.


I'll be at In Between Stitches for the next two days with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.  This is guaranteed to be a fun two days spent with friends while we quilt the day away.

Soon,
Lynn

 

2 comments:

  1. Your home is so lovely! It took me a minute to realize that you must have an artificial tree or you would never put that gorgeous quilt under it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you LET the dog sleep on your beautiful quilt! Gasp! (to each her own) Hope you are having fun at your sew-in!

    ReplyDelete