Monday, May 10, 2021

Extra! Extra! Read All About It

 Hello Everyone,


The latest edition of QUILTmania is out, and I feel so honored to have my Crossing the Pond quilt featured in their magazine.  

I love the way they choose to photograph my quilt.  The ship on the nightstand is a very special touch, adding so much interest. The fabric line is called Journey to America by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics.  Click HERE, and you will go to Judie Rothermel's online shop.

I absolutely love the quilt on the cover of the magazine.  Click HERE for a link to QUILTmania.  This edition has many, many beautiful quilts included.  It is real eye candy, and is fun to read cover to cover.  The magazine also includes the directions for the featured quilts.

We treated ourselves to a picnic lunch at Lake Alpine yesterday.  It was a beautiful day to be outside, soaking up the sun, the beauty, and solitude of the lake.  We were quite alarmed at the low level of the lake.  Yes, there is still snow around, but we would be surprised if the snow melt is enough to raise the level of the lake a measurable amount.  The lake level is what we usually see in August.....not May.


Talk about tenacity, these trees are growing out of this huge boulder.  How do they get their nourishment?  How can their root system hold on for dear life during the hard winter up at this high elevation?  It's a mystery.


Where we go, Mazey goes.  She loved watching the ducks float by, and the birds flying overhead.  She's an outdoor girl like her mom.


It's back to work for me today on the BOM for Marcus Fabrics.  The borders are on, the backing is made, and I need to load it on my long arm.  I will do minimal marking on it today for my machine quilting.  I think I know what I'm going to do, but I may change my mind when it goes under the needle.

Soon,
Lynn






13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your gorgeous quilt being featured in Quilt Mania.

    In my area, it is said that 13" of snow equals one inch of added water to our lake. We are starting the season a little over 3' down from a full lake even though over the winter we had over 6' of snow total. Not a good situation with the California drought in play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid both of us are in for a long fire season this year. You take care.

      Delete
  2. your quilt is so pretty - something about that ship on the nightstand! it makes it look so suited for the New England area. The lake is so pretty I hope you get a bit more snow melt then you think you will

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! And my friend Sue is on the cover. It's nice seeing people I know in my favorite magazine. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks so beautiful!!! And I'm looking forward to seeing you this fall!!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retreat will be here before we know it!

      Delete
  5. I can’t stop looking at your quilt, Lynn. Our forefathers would have been so proud of it. (I can also imagine Jamie and Claire snuggled under it in their new land (swoon), but I digress....
    What a lovely day at the lake! It even looks like Mazey might have taken a dip! Let’s hope the skies open up before long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can digress all you want to when it comes to Jamie and Claire! Yes, Mazey took a dip in the frigid lake.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, and what a lovely time and place for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a look at my blog. I think I need to send you some patterns for the shop.

      Delete
  7. beautiful quilt, lovely setting for it with the ship. The trees likely get dust and dirt blown in by the wind, and moss to help hold the moisture. So nice you got a chance to get out to the lake.

    ReplyDelete