Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Busy Days Past and Future

 Hello Everyone,

This post is totally rated family friendly.....all good times spent with family over the past week. This is our grandson Jess, a great kid, and baseball player.  He didn't know we were coming to town to watch him play.  It was so heartwarming to have him run out of the dugout to give us hugs.


We went to Livermore for the weekend and watched Jess' team play in the TOC finals.  They won the whole sheebang! He played catcher, and 3rd base.  The coach put him in as pitcher in the last inning of the first game.  Three up three down, and we were on our way to the finals.


Jess is in his red catchers gear, and our son, the assistant coach, is standing behind him.


That same weekend was senior prom for our two granddaughters.....the ladies in red.  I spent an hour and a half repairing one of the dresses.  One of the straps was falling off and the other was hanging by a thread.  The girls are pictured here with their friends from FFA.  (Future Farmers of America).


One of the FFA moms surprised the kids with their names on the marquee at the cinema downtown.  The FFA kids really do aspire to inspire.



And yes, we had another bear on our deck.  We were just getting ready to sit down for breakfast when this one came right up the stairs and left the same way.  The bird feeders have been gone for weeks, but they still have to check and see.  The neighbors had a big bear get into their garbage last week.  They soon learned their non-bear-proof receptacle is unacceptable. I never go out for a walk without the air horn in my pocket.  Over the weekend, we heard the siren go off at the lake to clear the bears, and warn the swimmers, and picnikers.  Several years ago during the drought, bears moved into our area and never left.  They multiplied like rabbits, and now we see have an over abundance of them. We are in a drought situation again this year.  Will this never end?


We have a busy week ahead with Jess' 8th grade graduation, and Emily and Kinsey's high school graduation.  The party is at our house in the Bay Area.  At least there, we don't have to worry about a bear crashing the party!

A Ribbon Runs Through It is on her way for a photoshoot at Marcus Fabric headquarters in New York City.  The label was the last thing that needed to be done.  I felt like I was sending my first born child off to summer camp.  I'm sure she will have a wonderful time at headquarters.  Maybe she can attend a Broadway show, see the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty in her travels.  I won't see her again for months, as she will most likely be in the Marcus booth at Quilt Market in Houston in October.


Soon,
Lynn











7 comments:

  1. Your grandson must have been delighted to see you at his game! Family time is best. We are so lucky! And I cannot wait to see your next great reveal! Your "Across the Pond" quilt looks so great in Quiltmania! If the bears get too bad, I can always send my neighbor out there. He gets one every year. I finally had to stop accepting bear meat, my husband refuses to eat it! The bear jerky was actually quite good. Let me know if you want me to send you a dehydrator - wink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear jerky sounds interesting. But I wouldn't hurt a hair on their little pointy heads.....unless they go after Mazey! Thank you for your kinds words about Crossing the Pond.....I knew what you meant.

      Delete
  2. Oops! I meant "Crossing the Pond", I knew I would get the name wrong if I didn't look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyful post Lynn!!! Congratulations to Jess, Emily, and Kinsey: Winners all!!! Kudos to you for strap repair and getting the great shot of the bear - crazy!!!!!
    P.S. I love your label!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all great kids....young adults. It was a fun, whirlwind of a weekend.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading about your grandkids! The girls were so beautiful for the prom. I loved the picture of the seniors in front of the Marquee. What a great surprise! Congratulations to Jess’ team! I know you and Joe loved every minute watching him play....and getting a big hug! So joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family time is the best! I love Crossing the Pond, the combination of your ingenuity with the fabric is spectacular. If the bears continue up to visit, you may need to design an air horn holder....it could be the next “thing” in accessories. 😉

    ReplyDelete