Monday, October 11, 2021

Knee Deep in Fabric

Hello Everyone,

Over the past week I've been cutting, and folding fabric into adorable little bundles to fill my booth at the Independence Hall Quilters show at the end of the month.

These bundles are so cute, I may have to keep some of them for me!

I made fat quarter bundles.


I also have half-yard bundles.


I made some cute little fat eighth bundles too.




I have to make a lot of bundles to fill my booth for the 3-day show.  I hope it all sells, so I don't have to cart it back home!

I will also have kits for Peek-A-Boo Pumpkins, Cute as a Button, and Country Bumpkin.  In addition to all of this, my patterns will also be available.  Throughout the show, I will be demonstrating Patchwork Math.

The show is a destination quilt show at Ironstone Winery in Murphys, CA.  The grounds are spectacular, especially during the Fall.  You can wander around the winery from the quilts on display to the vendor, and boutique areas.  You can also stop by the tasting room for a tipple or two.

Since Covid, I haven't prepared for a show in two years!  I'd forgotten just how much work it is to pull this off.  One of the issues this year is the fact that my third and last retreat of the year finishes the day before I have to set up for the show.  I'll be running on fumes by the last day of the show.  I think I should start napping NOW!

In between all of the preparations for the show, Mr. Joe is stuffing A Ribbon Runs Through It patterns.  We literally have to have thousands of them packaged and ready for shipment prior to December 1st.  Our UPS man, Kenny, finally asked the other day what was going on since he is delivering orders from the printer on a regular basis.  

The cabin resembles a sweat shop and has boxes piled up all over.  As we fill a box with 30 patterns, we then take it up to the garage.  The garage was bad before, now we have little trails through it.  As the orders come in, I drop everything to fill them.  There are days when Mr. Joe goes to the post office three times in a day.  He loves to go downtown, because he gets a break from getting paper cuts!  Every time he gets a paper cut, he threatens to sue for abuse.  I keep reminding him, that he gets to sleep with the owner of the company!

On that note.....

Soon,
Lynn



 

15 comments:

  1. Morning! I'll take that bundle and this bundle...oh man, there are so many to pick from. They are beautiful. Sure wish I could come to the show. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come to the show too. I'll put some of the left over fabrics on my Etsy site after the show.

      Delete
  2. They look so pretty Lynn. and Joe looks SO happy. :) You have been very busy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a happy camper when the checks come in!

      Delete
  3. Considering that boo-boo face of Mr. Joe's and his side benefits of stuffing patterns, he should look much happier...giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to ask him about that when you see him in a couple of weeks!

      Delete
  4. Good luck. I hope the show is a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sharon. We just don't know if quilters are going to be afraid to go out in public, or are they starved for a good quilt show? I'll let you know.

      Delete
  5. I love the half yard bundles, that's what I'd purchase. Have a great time at retreat and the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The half yard bundles are to die for! There's is so much color packed in to each one.

      Delete
  6. Coucou Lynn,
    Tu sais combien j'aime les tissus que tu utilises dans tes jolies courtepointes.
    Malheureusement la distance qui nous sépare est vraiment trop importante.
    Tu écris que des tissus restants pourraient être mis en vente sur ton Etsy mais je me pose toutefois la question des frais de douane. Je pense que je ne pourrais y échapper.
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui, je dois traiter les documents afin que les frais de douane soient perçus auprès de l’acheteur. Je sais qu’il est très coûteux d’expédier en Europe entre les frais et les frais d’expédition. Je suis désolé de vous avoir tenté avec ces beaux tissus. Prends soin de toi.

      Delete
  7. OOOHHHHHH! Those pinks and yellows and purples, I would love some of each, but not today, sorry.

    ReplyDelete