Thursday, April 21, 2022

This and That

 Hello Everyone,

I was so happy when Justin Hancock, the owner of Hancock's of Paducah asked if they could display A Ribbon Runs Through It in their shop during American Quilter's Society (AQS) show in Paducah this month.


Hancock's of Paducah has kits available for this quilt.  If you are interested, you can see the kits by clicking HERE.  I would love to go and visit their shop and see the show. Maybe I can head back to Kentucky at another time, but not this month.

Thirty-two quilters will be pulling into my little community to attend my Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreat beginning this Sunday.  I've been so busy getting ready for their arrival that I've totally neglected my blog.......and just about everything else too.

I've been making more kits for Cute as a Button.  When I make kits, the entire great room is an absolute mess with fabric scattered all about.  The ironing board is up and at the ready, and the dining room table is covered with 2-1/2" strips of fabric.  Those kits are now done.



Then I decided to make more Peek-A-Boo Pumpkin kits.  The cabin looked like an Autumn bomb exploded from all of the orange fabric strewn around.


All of the product that I sell for the retreat is now packed in bins and ready to be displayed. 

I'm down to writing my last tutorial for the little paper-pieced houses.  I LOVE making these little 3" houses, but I have to refer to my directions every time I sit down to make them.  They aren't hard to make.  You just have to wrap your head around paper-piecing to get them right.


I try to offer something for everyone at the retreat and cover many different quilting techniques from applique, piecing, paper-piecing, project bags, and Patchwork Math.  We will be a very busy group for four days.

It was so pleasant waking up this morning to the sound of rain.  We are experiencing a late Spring storm dumping a lot of snow on the mountain passes and plenty of rain here at lower elevations.  During the months of January, February and most of March we didn't receive a flake of snow or a drop of rain. We went over 60 days with no precipitation of any kind.  Hopefully this late storm will put fire season off a bit longer.  

I'll try to post throughout the retreat so you can see what the girls are up to. I can hear all of the laughter now!

Soon,
Lynn




4 comments:

  1. Oh, look at that beaury in Paducah - a trip I would love to make some day. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting your quilt hung at Hancock's: what an honor!!! And have fun at the retreat: I know the ladies will. :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you sale your "Peek A Boo Pumpkin" kits only at your retreats or do you offer them to the public also. I love your choice of colors. But then I love your choice of colors in all you do. Enjoy your sewing retreat.
    Claire Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn - I am SUPER excited about your quilt A Ribbon Runs Through It hanging in Hancock's of Paducah next weekend!! I told a friend who is going to look for your quilt and sent her your photo and she thought it was amazing just from the photo, she can't wait to see it in person. I'm living vicariously through her! KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete