Tuesday, May 17, 2022

More Retreat Pictures

 Hello Everyone,

You've probably thought I've stopped blogging since I've been very quiet lately.  In fact, I've been the busiest person ever!  I failed to post more pictures from the April retreat and here it is the middle of May!



The group was so talented, and so much fun.







I mentioned on my last post that I was having a week-long sale in my Sew'n Wild Oaks Designs Etsy shop.  Well, I was filling orders for days, and Mr. Joe and Mazey were going to the post office twice a day with a carload of processed orders.  You certainly responded to my post!  Thank you, thank you.

Between filling order and enjoying family time over Mother's Day, I've been working on my fabric line for Marcus Fabrics.  I've been working my way through tutorials in Photoshop.  I've been working on accounting for my business. I've been working on my new Block of the Month using my fabric line. Sometimes at the end of the day I take a step back and wonder where the day went?  


I took a day off last week and we headed over to visit a nursery in the neighboring town of San Andreas.


We purchased two large baskets of flowers to decorate the deck.  The weather has been so nice you will find me out at the table with my computer every afternoon.  I'm at work, but it doesn't feel like work when I'm surrounded in so much beauty.  Mazey will be curled up at my feet while I pretend to be creative.  She has to be touching me....she's a Velcro dog and constant companion. 

While I'm out working on the deck, I'm always on the lookout for bears.  We had a big, BIG bear wander through the lot when the kids were here over Mother's Day.  Our granddaughter's 6'5" boyfriend refused to go for a walk in the woods later on in the afternoon.  Actually none of us went for a walk in the woods that afternoon!  It was one of the biggest bears I've seen here.


Now that my sale is over, I will try to be better at posting.  I still have a lot more pictures to post from the retreat.  Part of the paperwork that I've been working on is preparations for the next retreat in August.  It will be here before I know it!

Soon,
Lynn


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the bears didn’t get you. Your deck looks very inviting. It still feels like winter here. Hopefully will get spring weather before summer arrives in the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt like winter here until last week. We had snow right after Mother's Day. Very, very strange spring weather for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to sit on the deck with you. I bet we could get a lot done in spite of all the chatting. Glad you stay alert for bears. The retreat family sure had lots of beautiful quilts to show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you sit on the deck with me, Susie. Maybe we could spot a bear together!

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful quilts! So glad you are careful of the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the quilts are beautiful. We are always aware of our surroundings when we are outside. There have been many bears around this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the Zimmerman’s nursery and I’m heading there on Saturday! Your baskets look lovely. We have seen the big bear too! Isn’t he amazing? These quilts are just spectacular and I can’t wait to go to your retreat in August! I want to make one of your project bag kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a treat to go to the nursery! I need a name....who is this person who saw the big black bear too?

      Delete