Friday, January 13, 2023

Life in the Mountains

 Hello Everyone,

It's not all fun and games living in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  We had a foot of rain over the 3-day New Year's weekend.  This weekend we are expecting a foot of snow. We've had continuous measurable precipitation since December 26th, until yesterday when the sun hesitantly peeked out behind the storm clouds.

I was sitting down to put on my boots complete with Yaktrax and looked over at our hats drying by the woodburning stove.  I thought to myself now that's a great picture!

Our wood pile was resembling a snow-covered wooly mammoth carcass.  Actually, a very small, baby wooly mammoth.  We have to go down to the 'valley' today and get a load of wood before the next snowfall over the weekend.  All of the shoveling, and wood stacking helps me maintain my girlish figure..NOT! But I do think it helps keep us young.

We've had the same wood company deliver wood for years.  Unfortunately, they've gone out of business, and we are left to our own devices to round up a load of wood. Our son brought us a load of wood as a Christmas present.  The most appreciated present ever.

I'm going to miss out on a day of quilting which I will make up for over the stormy weekend.  Our woodburning stove keeps us nice and toasty when the power goes out.  I wish I could curl up by the fire, but I have to sew, sew, sew on my block of the month.  I may just drag my sewing machine out of her designated room and set it up in the great room.  That way I can stay nice and warm and quilt while I'm watching football games.  It sounds like the perfect weekend to me.

Whatever you do, I hope it's the perfect weekend.

Soon,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like the perfect weekend to me too, especially in front of your stove!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's really cold here in the winter, the first thing I always think of is how nice it would be to sit in front of your stove...what a wonderful place, Lynn! I'd certainly drag my machine to the great room! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Hats" picture would make lovely note cards. Sorry about your weather but happy you can make the most of it watching football and sewing. Life at it's finest! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy quilting wherever you land♥️ Stay safe and warm❄️❄️❄️❄️

    ReplyDelete