Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Learning Opportunity

Hello Everyone,

I'll be in the classroom teaching Patchwork Math on June 24th at Cloth and Quilts in Hilmar, CA.  


I will be teaching how to make all of the components you see in the blocks in this post.  Not only will you be learning how to make the components, but you will also learn the math behind the components so you can make them any size you want.


One of my favorite components is double flying geese, which I use a lot in my designs.  Just that added spot of color in a block makes it pop.

Fabric placement is key when making this block.

I'm not in the classroom very often, so this is your chance to take a basic quilting math class from me.  I also call the class 'Finessing the Figures' which is less intimidating.  If you are interested, please sign up HERE at Cloth and Quilts.  I make the math painless, and you will learn so much during the class.

Cloth and Quilts is a great shop!  They have a wide variety of fabrics and notions.  It's a fun, destination quilt shop, and the owners and staff are good people!

Soon,

Lynn











 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Lynn. Looking forward to having you in our area - I live in Newman. Accomplished to complete “A Ribbon Runs Through it” just need to piece it together - 👏🏼 Am VERY interested in your pattern “Calico Cottages” may I have answers to availability on when, where it will be available for purchase to start ANOTHER project. Participated in a retreat in Pinecrest & “Calico Cottages” was a shared interest by many. BEAUTIFUL fabric!! Have to say, your style of teaching in your tutorials is excellent - I do very much enjoy how precise & specific your directions are explained, it’s obvious in the finished product.
    Thank you for sharing your talent & creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Kuersten- lindakuersten6359@icloud.comMay 31, 2023 at 10:12 AM

    Linda Kuersten - lindakuersten6359@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Linda. The pattern is ready now for purchase. I can bring a pattern with me to Hilmar when I'm there, or you can purchase the pattern from my Etsy shop. Being precise makes it so much easier to put the blocks together and you aren't fighting with the quilt, and you are more likely to finish the project. Take care, Lynn

      Delete
  3. Good morning.
    I signed up for the class and am wondering if the book is included in class price or if we have to purchase the book also.
    I looked on your Etsy account and did not find it.
    Jessica Gookin
    jdgookin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete