Friday, January 12, 2024

Applique in the Snow

Hello Everyone,

Another snowstorm rolled through the other day. I set up my workstation in the dining room so I could watch the snow and work on my applique at the same time.  


I love the applique process, the old-fashioned process using the starch method of applique.  I set up my Ott light as the cabin was dark in the middle of the day due to the storm.  At 3pm, I stopped for our afternoon hot cocoa break.  Was there a splash of Bailley's in it?  I'll let you decide.
 

I have a new tool which I used to apply the starch to the freezer paper which I really love. It is called the Aqua Touch Marker.  It is available HERE at The Quilt Show. The tool comes in a set of 3 applicators, so you have 3 sizes of tips to choose from. You can be surgical where you apply the starch, and it doesn't 'drip' on your workspace.  It can be a bit tricky to fill them with the starch, but once that's done, you are good to go for a long time.
 


I've been wanting to create a new project to incorporate applique using my Hearthstone fabric.  Over the next few weeks, I'll be creating different bouquets of flowers during each of the next snowstorms.  Rain is in our forecast for tonight and all day tomorrow......I guess I'll have to work on my piecing and my next fabric line.

Soon,
Lynn


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like Heaven to me -- quietly appliqueing away while watching the peaceful snow fall. Enjoy! Seen any bears lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heavenly until we had to shovel yesterday! No bears and no bear tracks lately.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect winter setting for you to "work" on this new idea, Lynn. Eager to watch your progress! Enjoy!! ...Paula B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful in your Hearthstone fabric! Thank you for sharing your new tool. Yes I say there was a splash or two of Bailey’s! Today I’ll be makin’ a cuppa, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't gotten much snow at all. I'll blame my lack of sewing on that fact. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like to use a small brush to apply the starch, but you'd appreciate the bottle I use for the starch: one of those cute little PatrĂ³n tequila single serve bottles. :D When I took my starch class several years ago, the instructor gave one to all of us. Hope you stay warm and dry! Sue Weldon

    ReplyDelete