Saturday, August 22, 2026

The Passing of a Friend

 Hello Everyone,

One week ago, my friend Judy packed up her rotary cutter and headed off to the great quilting studio in the sky. I’m sure she’s already reorganizing fat quarters and telling the angels their seam allowances are too generous. At my Sew’n Wild Oaks retreat last November, she surprised me with this adorable pincushion which she made from one of her extra little houses from Calico Cottages. Leave it to Judy to turn leftovers into something charming. Even now, her creativity is still sitting right beside me, holding pins and memories in equal measure.

Here she is presenting me with the gift of the pincushion.  She was always making fun of me for putting a flange on so many of my designs, so what does she do....she put a flange around the cottage. She always made me laugh.


Here is Judy's Calico Cottages quilt.  Judy was an excellent quilter and loved creating for others.


Here's a picture of four of us with our Calico Cottages. Everyone else has a finished quilt, mine is still waiting patiently to be quilted!


Judy was the kind of quilting friend who stitched beauty into every part of life. Her quilts were extraordinary and full of precision, color, and heart.  It was her kindness, humor, and steady friendship that made her truly unforgettable. I saw her only once a year, and we always picked up right where we left off.  She shared her talent generously, lifting others up and inspiring everyone around her. Losing her leaves an empty chair at the sewing table, but her legacy of creativity, compassion, and joy will remain wrapped around all of us like one of her quilts, always comforting, warm, and made with love.

I miss you, Judy.

Soon,
Lynn






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog. I appreciate all comments, and I will try to reply to you.