Thursday, June 25, 2009

Border Flowers

Dear Blossom of Friendship Followers,

I've sequestered myself away at the cabin this week to work on borders and border flower for Blossom of Friendship. This quilt is going to be exquisite! I've been taking pictures as I go to create a tutorial devoted solely to the creation of the sashing, and borders. I'll post it in the next couple of weeks.



The first thing did was sort all of the remaining fabric. As you can see, I have plenty of fabric left for the remaining border flowers. It helps to display it like this, so I can put colors together much easier than when it is stored in plastic bags.



Over the past eleven months, I've been making some flowers while I was doing the baskets. Each month, more and more beautiful fabric was delivered to the shop that I incorporated into the final blocks and border flowers. Not all of my flowers are going to be a carbon copy of each other. There is such a variety of colors in nature that I can't make the same flower the same way eight times over. You may choose to and that's fine....remember it's your quilt.




Here is a snapshot of one section of the border. This arrangement will most likely change as I place the border next to the blocks that I've sewn together. This is a dynamic process that will continue as I keep making more and more flowers.

The following Smilebox is a closeup of each of the flowers that I've done so far. Some of the flowers I have four of and some only one.....and then there's the reverse of each one too!

Sit back and enjoy the tranquility of the presentation. It's just a taste of the contentment and beauty that surrounds me while burning my fingers on my Hobbico applique iron!


Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Border Flowers
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard



As always,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment