Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Party in the Garden - Month #11

Hello Everyone,

We are almost at the conclusion of Party in the Garden BOM.  This month, you will be making the ten hexagon flowers bordering the cottage.  You can click on the picture to enlarge it giving you a little bit better view of the flowers.  I included this picture so you can get a better idea of how I quilted the borders, which you will be receiving in April.


Here is a picture of some of the flowers before I quilted them.  The area bordering the flowers lends itself to crosshatching.  Just try not to catch the little flange under your needle! 


I'm off to the shop this morning to teach part two of Summer's Blush.  I'm sure the girls have been busy working on their quilts this month and I'm excited to see what they have created! 

Have a great week.

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! It looks as if you have a little of everything in it. Love it! I never thought of just appliquéing hexy flowers down.
    BTW, Thanks for sending me the pic of your family. I think those dresses are great. It's nice to see a whole family celebrate together. My Mother-in-law thinks you look familiar. But she would say that, she seems to know every one in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you timed this one just right, Lynn - a great finish to celebrate springs arrival! I'm so impressed with the outer border quilting - it frames the house and garden so nicely!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete