Thursday, April 28, 2016

If It's Tuesday, I Must Be Sew'n Wild Oaks Day

Hello Everyone,
 
My girls......what can I say about MY GIRLS that I haven't already said?  They are incredible quilters, finishers, friends and all-round great people.
 
Barbara took a Bargello  (spell check just changed bargello to bordello....gotta watch that) class at In Between Stitches taught by Jim Hahn.  Jim is teaching this class again on May 28th.  For more information click HERE
 
This is a stunning quilt.  Barbara said it is much easier to make than you'd think.  It is all quilted and bound and ready to gift to Barbara's niece.  What a lucky gal!
 


Look at what she put on the back of the quilt!


Melody finished her quilt top too!  Incredible colors and a feast for the eyes.  Well done, both of you.  Both Melody and Barbara loved making their quilts.  They each started with 20, one-yard cuts of fabric.  Both girls highly recommend taking the class.  They had a great time, learned a lot, and look what they have to show for it.


Pat made this adorable red work top and put the last border on during class.
 

 
 Each blocks features a different nursery rhyme.


Carol is working on her beautiful, little blocks, all delicately appliqued.


If you ever wondered what 250 small yo-yo's look like......well here you go.  Lynette is on a roll.


Melody completed another flimsy during class.  She has been collecting candy fabric in her travels and put them all together in her candy jars.  Sweet idea.....pun intended.

 
Now we have the parade of Lil' Orphan Scrappy blocks.
 

Piles of Lil' Orphan Scrappy blocks.


Beautiful combinations.


......and bags of blocks.


Now we have the Walk in the Park parade of blocks.  We all helped Irene pick out her sashing for her quilt.



 
Spending the day with my girls, is a day well spent with love and laughter in the classroom. It's quilting soul food.

My living room looks like tornado stuck as I'm getting ready to leave for the quilt show in Grass Valley tomorrow.  Gail and I, (Lucy and Ethel), are hitting the road at 0-dark hundred with two SUV's packed to the gills with quilts, patterns, props, and product.  I think it's time for me to buy a small trailer to schlepp all of this "stuff" around.  But then there's the issue of backing up with a trailer.  I don't know if Lucy can do that.....maybe Ethel would be a better backer-upper.

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You had another great Sew'n Wild Oaks day with the girls. Wish I was there....love the fun and laughter that goes on during the day. More great quilts and Lil Orphan Scrappy blocks. I will be there next month. Have a good weekend in Grass Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day! Wishing you safe travels and lots of fun at the Grass Valley Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed my girlfriends on Tuesday! And I missed lots of beautiful projects! I did work on my Lil' Orphan Scrappy blocks this week, honest! No, "Ethel" would not be a better backer-upper! Think we had better stick to the 2 SUV plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful quilts!!! And I hope Lucy and Ethel have a great time at the quilt show!! ;-) Drive safe!! And the trailer is a great idea, but it does take some practice to get the backing part: but take it from me, when you gotta learn, you learn!!! (I do trailer deliveries for hubby's work: it was frightening at first!! But now it works pretty well!) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts - you and Ethel be good girls - but have a successful show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say it every time...but...so much talent! Those bargello quilts are so striking. I have one in the closet that is 1/4 of the way done...do you think I sent it to you, your girls would finish it? Lol! I have the same trouble with traveling to shows - almost too much for a van, and I'm afraid that I would get in trouble with a trailer!

    ReplyDelete