Saturday, March 25, 2017

And Then There Were Two

Hello Everyone,
 
I felt like working on Huckleberry Hill yesterday, so that's what I did. I specifically left some room inside the basket which I'm going to fill with machine quilting.
 

I embroidered a little outline stitch around the birds so they would show up a little bit more.


Here's basket #1.


Here they are together.  Now it's time to design blocks #3 and #4.  I would love to have this finished and hanging by July 4th to show my patriotic spirit.


The fabric line is called Star-Spangled Liberty by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics. I added in the yellow since I thought it needed a little pop.  Cloth and Quilts in Turlock has most of this line.  So swing on down to Turlock and get some while it is still available.  This quilt is going to be very fat quarter friendly.

I'm afraid I've succumbed to Mr. Joe's cold.  I'm not as sick as he was/is.....but I'm carrying a box of Kleenex around the house with me. I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss all of the Little League games today, and our oldest son's birthday brunch......bummer.  I have a busy week ahead, so I'm going to have to lay low and let this bug run its course.  Gives me a good excuse to sit and applique my day away.

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Your baskets are beautiful! They've got a little Pennsylvania Dutch feel to them. Get yourself well. The sooner you're on your feet, the sooner hubby will be also! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! I don't have your email, so I can't respond to you directly. Yes, the baskets do have a little Pennsylvania Dutch feel don't they? That's the plan.
      Take care, Lynn

      Delete
    2. oh Lynn I am so sorry you are sick. Please take care of yourself. I know how much you hate to miss the games and the birthday. Your little baskets are darling. And of course your work is impeccable. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Love those baskets! I found out in looking for a pattern that I have a basket pattern very similar to yours. I love your handle! Beautiful colors - my favorite. Hope you get over that cold! Stay healthy Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Beautiful baskets, and love the extra stitching detail you added. Sometimes those little things really make a big difference in the end result. Love the fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. So sorry you're sick. :( These are terrific baskets. I love those twisted handles and the braided rims. Pretty birds - the embroidery worked nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous baskets! Send one up here and Mr. Squash will fill it with blueberries! I'm so sorry you've succumbed to the crud, Lynn! Hope at least one of you is better in the coming days!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete