Saturday, December 9, 2017

Paradise Pines Pillows

Hello Everyone,
 
The four pillows are done!  Or I could say, "The pillows are coming, the pillows are coming!"  
 

 
The majority of the fabrics are Forever Green by Holly Taylor for Moda.  I incorporated just two other fabrics which aren't in the line.
 
 
 At this point they were just pillow flimsys without a pillow form.  (Except for one of them).

 
I love the rich browns.
 

 
I went around the cabin and scavenged some other pillow forms for this shot.
 




First, I made just one pillow to test out all of the measurements. When I was completely happy with my scribbled figures, I went ahead and made 96 Y-squares and sewed them together in strips.  Once this was done, the pillows were a snap.  The Y-squares were a bit time consuming, but they "make" the pillow.


I have a wonderful room for quilting.  Does it look this tidy now?  Absolutely! (If you believe that, I have some swamp land to sell you!)  I love being in my little bit of heaven, but I'm away from the cozy fire, the Christmas Tree, TV, and Mr. Joe....in that order.  It's a good thing he doesn't read my blog!


So, I moved my sewing machine to the table in front of the fire, and quilt my day away right here.  Excuse the graininess of the picture, still working on getting a good shot with subtle lighting.  I actually get a lot done when I'm out in the middle of the room making a mess of everything!


 We had a good week here in our beloved mountains.  We discovered a new winery last weekend, Ayrael Vieux, in Murphys.  It is going to be our go-to picnic place when we are out and about.



Our dear friends came for a visit on Monday to Wednesday.  Mike is between cancer treatments, and a few days in the mountains is just what the doctor ordered.  Mike has been Santa to our kids and grand kids for years.  We have a rich history of friendship spanning forty years beginning when our kids were in preschool together.
 
 
Mike also played Santa at the In Between Stitches Preview Party a few years ago.
 

 
A short walk in Calaveras Big Trees restores the soul.  We are at this park so often, we should just move there and take up residence.  We have always gone hiking with Mike and Kathy.  Now our hikes are a bit shorter, but just as satisfying.
 

How would you like to decorate this tree for Christmas?


 
We are headed back to the city with a sleigh, I mean car full of quilts for the Victorian Yuletide Christmas at Ravenswood.  It should be a fun event.
 
Enjoy your weekend to the fullest!
 
Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree. Get that sewing machine out by the fire and the tree. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your log cabin home. Hope you share more photos of your xmas decorating.

    Merry Christmas,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo - The vignette with the pillows on the bed and one hanging behind the log headboard - - - I'm in LOVE

    ReplyDelete