Monday, December 11, 2017

Ravenswood Victorian Yuletide Event

Hello Everyone,
 
I was so honored to be asked by the docents of Ravenswood Historic Estate to put my quilts on display during their Victorian Yuletide Christmas.   A beautiful, crisp morning in the vineyard greeted us as we arrived early to stage the quilts.  The first quilt I placed was my very first design, The House on Edgewood Lane.
 


Second up was Country Charmer.  It fit right into this country setting.


Spoken For is very shy, and preferred to be in the corner.


This quilt is called Christmas Windows by Brandywine Design.  I love putting it out every Christmas.


Mr. Joe marveled at the wood in the doors above Heritage.  So beautiful!


Madrigal was singing a song along with the Victrola.


Every bathroom needs to have a Grammy Square quilt to cover up the commode!


The master bedroom was decorated with For the Love of Baskets, and Emilie Elizabeth.


Lil' Orphan Scrappy had a bedroom all to herself.


The living room was so cozy.
 


Toyland Tree has it's own bed too.


The shoes under the bed was an amusing touch.


I spy a Party in the Garden quilt!


The house is charmed and charming.  It sat vacant and run down for years!  During that time, not one stained glass window was broken before the restoration took place.



The cottage is so inviting.




Mr. Joe and I walked through the Ravenswood grounds once the quilts were all settled in for the day.



This is the main house on the property.  I can only imagine the events held at this house throughout the decades.


This road leads to one of the old buildings from the original winery.



Not a cloud in the sky.

 
 The leaves aren't giving up their hold on the vines just yet.
 
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week preparing for Christmas.  I so enjoy the days leading up to the Holidays.....except for the shopping!  I'm headed out to finish that off today.  I love to wrap the presents, do some baking, send out cards, and listen to Christmas carols.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  I feel a song coming on.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. What a spectacular setting for your gorgeous quilts. They look right at home there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn! I feel like I was there though I couldn't be in person. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is one of the most charming exhibits - your quilts and the venue are both perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being upbeat and happy about Christmas--sooo many around me and even here online are grumpy about Christmas--they aren't going to put up decorations, or send cards, or ????--well-ok--but don't bring the rest of us done with you-right???
    Love all your quilts and what an honor to have been chosen to do that and then to take photos and share them---thanks-
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems as if those folks know a match made in heaven when they see one! Thanks for the virtual tour. One more item for my bucket list - go for a real visit some day

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous setting for all your gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynn,
    Thank you for this wonderful pictures. Your quilts look as they are made just for this place!
    we have a saying here: When angels are traveling the shy laughs. You just had the perfect weather for this visit.
    Enjoy the season
    Hugs from Germany, Doris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect setting for a display of your quilts. They really look as though they were made just for use in the house. Gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete