Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Sew’n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,

I spent a fair bit of today getting Blogger set up on my new iPad that I purchased for the Quilting Cruise to Alaska.  It is now 7:40pm.  I don’t want to tell you how many hours this has taken me.  Just let me say, I get up around 5am every morning.....it has been a long day.

When I set this up on the iPad, I royally screwed up my email account and my Blogger account on my laptop.  I broke out into a cold sweat a few times thinking I’d lost everything.  Not to worry.  (I wish the Geek Squad lived close by!). It would have saved me hours.

So yesterday and Monday, I was with my Sew’n Wild Oaks girls.  As soon as I can find the pictures from Monday’s class, I will post them.



Lynette shared a delightful story about this quilt with us.  When I get more proficient at this new device, I will share it with you.












I just found the pictures from Monday.





It’s getting late.  I didn’t get much done at all on my to-do list.  I have to get better at this contraption before I set sail.  The wind was really taken out of my sails today trying to figure this out.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, I totally understand your frustration. When my laptop died I lost quite a bit of valuable-to-me stuff. I hope you had your laptop backed up and/or it wasn't broken and irretrievable. I now try to back up on a regular basis. During the same week I dropped my phone and broke it. Who knew so much good stuff was on that thing??? Thankfully my pictures automatically back up into Google Photos and Facebook had quite a few as well. But addresses & phone numbers? Of course when you get your new electronics, they're way newer than what you used to have so everything is different. UGH!!!! My head hurts for you but I'm sure you'll have it all figured out by the time you set sail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a reminder, check your ship's prices for internet and phone. It was VERY pricey on ours. I waited until I got in port and on land to text or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll, I have to say I'm totally impressed that you even tried to do a blog post from your tablet, and look! You succeeded!!! I wouldn't have tried it without some major hand holding from my computer savvy daughter!! You are doing way better than you realize!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete