Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wine Country Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,
 
It's time to get you caught up on what I've been doing for the past week or so.  Last weekend I was a vendor at the Wine Country Quilt Show in Santa Rosa, CA.
 

It was a great, 2-day show.  What you don't see are the days of preparation prior to the show.  I was busy cutting kits and printing patterns for days and days.



Our friend Nancie was so helpful during both days of the show.  We were so busy, it is good to have an extra set of hands to help.  Nancie has also made so many of my quilts, that she's a natural when it comes to answering questions.



Setting the booth up takes my sister Gail and me about four to five hours from start to finish.  We have a good system going and each of us know, and carry out our duties.  Our carrot at the end of the day is a glass of wine with our dinner.  (Well, we were in the heart of wine country!)


I demonstrated behind this table for the entire show.  I came out from behind this table often to give out hugs to many of you.  It is amazing how many people we know from vending at shows in this area, lecturing to the guilds, and holding workshops.  There are so many familiar and friendly faces.


Here a just a few of the 200+ quilts at the show.  We quickly walked through the show Sunday morning before the crowds arrived.





The featured artist was Kathi Carter-Sweet.  Her body of work was incredible.





I'm back at the cabin for a few days before I head off to San Rafael next week for a lecture.  I'm cutting kits for the cruise, working on the pattern for the second cruise quilt, and trying to relax a little bit.  I keep telling myself I can relax on the cruise.......wait a minute......I have 53 quilters to teach! 

Just one month from today, I'll be sailing North to Alaska with many of my friends.  I can't wait.

Soon,
Lynn


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eye candy. I do hope you get some time to relax on the cruise. 53 quilters does sound like a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before long I think you might be good friend with most of the No. Cal. population, Lynn! Looks like another great show! See you soon!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings - A quilt cruise is on my bucket list! What cruise line will you be using. Since I just arrive back home from a cruise, I will need to wait for your next teaching cruise. How do I find out more info?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynn,

    Thanks for sharing the quilts. You will have a wonderful time on the cruise. You are lucky to have your sister Gail help you out. I bet you both enjoyed the meal at the end of the day.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete