Monday, July 1, 2019

Happy July

Hello Everyone,
 
I can feel it in my bones that the summer of 2019 is going to be a busy one!  It is starting out with a 4th of July bang.
 
I met up with "my girls" at the new location for In Between Stitches in Livermore last week.  As always, the girls have been busy since our last meeting.  Karen is down to the borders on her gorgeous Romancing Alaska. This is one of the quilts that I taught on the quilting cruise to Alaska last year at this time.
 
 
There was so much creativity in the room.
 

In some case, the girls don't need patterns.  They see a quilt they like and are able to reproduce it on their own.  (Yikes, maybe they don't need me anymore!)



The detail on Pat's Snow Globe quilt is so impressive.






In my spare time, which has been limited, I've been working on my Patchwork of the Crosses, AKA Lucy Boston blocks.  This project is so portable.  I have a small tote box at the ready that I can grab on my way out of the door.


We are off to the Alameda County Fair this week to watch our three granddaughters show their goats, lamb, pig, and turkey.



The animals have been thoroughly groomed, washed, and all received hair cuts and hoof trimming.  The turkey was even washed and then blown dry!  My daughter informed me that they won't be selling the turkey since they are only allowed to sell two animals each.  I don't know for sure, but the next time you see a picture of the turkey will be on our Thanksgiving table.  My daughter, and granddaughter said they will not be eating this year.


On the home front, we've had visitors during the night.  Bear 2, hummingbird feeders 0.  The feeders now spend the night indoors.  To those with inquiring minds, this is NOT my husband dressed in a bear suit!  Now if this bear was a bit smarter, it would realize it could have taken the stairs just around the corner.


I don't think the video will play, but give it a try.  It does work on my FaceBook page by clicking HERE

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Yikes your big furry friend is a little to close to home for comfort! I would have thought there were more interesting things to eat in your garden then bird seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...so much creativity in the room!" I couldn't agree more. Inspiring! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete