Thursday, March 30, 2023

Bridle Path Progress

 Hello Everyone,

I've been quiet again since I've been creating a flimsy.  Bridle Path is all together and ready to be quilted.  Yesterday I put on the borders and the flange which is that cute little 1/4" of red fabric that frames the quilt.


I moved my machine out to the dining room table so I could spread the quilt out and have lots of space on which to work.

You can see we've had more snow.....again.  This Winter has been relentless.  At this writing, it is still snowing lightly. It looks like sifted powdered sugar falling from the heavens.  It's beautiful, but I'm so over it!  Now I know what it's like to live in Siberia.



Isn't this an interesting snow pattern on the umbrella?  It looks like crustaceans are growing on it.


Just that little touch of red in the flange add so much to the overall look of the design. The fabrics are from my Hearthstone collection. 


I'll make the backing then this is ready to be quilted.

Bear Valley, the ski area 30 minutes up the road is really buried in snow.  This is what 700" of snow looks like.  I can't take credit for this picture which was posted on FB on our local area page.


Yes, this has made for good quilting weather, but I've had enough.  I have blisters on my blisters from shoveling.  We try to keep up with it on a twice a day basis.  The snowplow goes by and fills up our driveway all over again. We haven't driven out of the neighborhood since the weekend as the roads are not only snowy buy icy.  My YakTraks are having a hard time navigating our icy pathways. 

We made it out to the Bay Area on Saturday to watch our youngest grandson play a high school lacrosse game. Both Mr. Joe and I soaked up the warming rays of the sun. It was fast-paced and so much fun to watch.  Maybe by the end of the season I will learn the rules and understand the game better.
  

We also helped our son celebrate his 48th birthday. Wasn't he just a little boy a short time ago?  Time goes way too quickly.  His son Jess is involved in FFA and started shute-dogging in rodeos, which explains the need for a cowboy hat. Good guys wear white hats and that's really true about our son.


I have a Zoom call with Marcus Fabrics and some of the designers this morning, so I'd better scoot and get ready for it.

Soon,
Lynn






9 comments:

  1. At least the snow should help your water supply for the coming year. Your quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I find myself complaining about the snow and rain, I have to remind myself that fire season is just around the corner. I'm so happy you like the quilt.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to say the snow is stunning, but your quilt has stunning written all over it, and unlike the snow, it will last forever, Lynn! I bet even Mazey will be glad not to have to "shovel" after the big melt! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mazey loves to tunnel her snout through the snow. I think she will be happy when her tail feathers don't freeze when she goes to the powder room!

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is again wonderful. I LOVE it. The snow, I think I would be tired of too. My sis in MN says the same thing. It can stop anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Yes, the snow can stop now. I would like to be able to see my daffodils this year.

      Delete
  4. I love the rich colors of your Bridle Path quilt. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. As soon as I get the pattern written, I'm going to start on my plaid pumpkins. I can just see them now!

      Delete
  5. That is really and truly enough snow. As much as I love the white stuff, I'd be over it by now too. Bridle Path is a beaut and your son looks great sporting the white cowboy hat. Good luck to your grandson's lacrosse season.

    ReplyDelete