Monday, August 21, 2023

August 2023 Retreat Day One

Hello Everyone,

Friends.  When you haven't seen each other for a while this is what you do at the beginning of the retreat.

It takes a village to put on a retreat.  From my friends helping me out to the staff at Snowflake Lodge setting up the tables and power to the tables.


Quilts started going up on the design walls right away.  This is Candace's Romancing Alaska quilt.  I taught this quilt on a cruise to Alaska a couple of years ago.



The girls didn't waste any time and started working on their projects.



Then at 6pm everyone headed over to my cabin for an appetizer dinner.  





Luckily the impact of hurricane Hilary didn't make herself known until after we had dinner on the deck. It rained here for most of the night and is raining this morning.  It's been a nice, drenching rain to perk up the forest and help us through the fire season.








The little mini sessions begin today, so I have to scoot and get down to Snowflake Lodge and be ready to greet the girls and teach.

Soon,
Lynn





3 comments:

  1. good morning. I love love the first picture. I know the feeling well. It all looks perfect. Have fun and keep putting up pictures. Miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy each day - stitching away 🧵🧵

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of design walls did the retreaters use?

    ReplyDelete