Saturday, May 11, 2024

Busy Days Ahead

 Hello Everyone,

It was a very busy and fun week last week as we traveled to Arizona for our granddaughter's college graduation.  This week I'm preparing for the Heart of the Valley Quilt and Textile Arts Show in Modesto where I've been asked to be the featured artist.


I will have product for sale in my booth......so I have to get that product ready to go! Please stop on by my booth so we can hug, and chat and you can enjoy the show. 

We had a whirlwind trip to Arizona.  We left the cabin last Sunday and returned Thursday evening.  

There was a large ceremony Monday night at Sun Devil stadium for the ASU graduates which we chose not to attend.  No names were read, and no one walked across the stage to receive their diploma. We opted for the smaller ceremony on Wednesday.


The smaller ceremony was held in the basketball arena for several different disciplines for the Fine Arts.  Our granddaughter received a BFA (Bachelor degree in Fine Arts) for Film.  She would like to become a director or a screen writer.  This ceremony was much more intimate, and we could really see and hear what was going on.


It was interesting that all of the names were read by AI.  The graduates had to write their names phonetically on a card which was scanned and read aloud.

She graduated Cum Laude, and we are so proud of her!  The ASU campus was absolutely overwhelming in size and scope.  When she arrived on campus three years ago, she wasn't sure that she could navigate all of the pitfalls of student loans, apartment life, roommates, and homework, lots of homework and working on movie sets.  She also worked part-time to help with expenses. 
 

We stopped outside of Parker and had lunch on the Colorado river.


On the way back, we stopped for dinner by the London Bridge in Lake Havasu City.


I'm having a Mother's Day sale in my Etsy shop HERE.  The 20% off sale will run today and tomorrow, Mother's Day.  



I'll be cutting and making bundles for the next few days.  Patterns need to be printed and priced, and I need to pull everything together for a show.  I'm rusty at this as I haven't done a quilt show in the past few years.  I'd forgotten how much work it is!

Soon,
Lynn    




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your granddaughter. Wishing her success in her future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your entire family...you all have so much to be proud of in H's graduation and her future plans!! Have a wonderful show, Lynn...you have so much to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo everything Paula wrote! What a great image of your Granddaughter, Joe and you! She looked so happy and beautiful. All the best to her as she begins her career.

    ReplyDelete