Sunday, May 26, 2024

Taking the bull by the horns

 Hello Everyone,

As usual my week has been filled with catching up after the quilt show in Modesto.  I had trouble downloading the pictures at the hotel, so I'm going to post a few today.  My sister Gail helped 'man' the booth.


I had a small booth by the entrance of the show, and it was so much fun meeting everyone!  It was like old home week since I knew so many of you who stopped by.  The hardest thing was remembering names.

I had 128 fat 1/8's of wool in this cheese wheel at the beginning of the show.

This is what was left.

Kits were a popular item too.  I'll take an inventory today, and I may put some kits out on my Etsy site for Spring Frolic.  The pattern for Spring Frolic is now available in my Etsy shop HERE.




I've been working on my new super-secret project and it's coming along.  I keep getting pulled in other directions with Zoom meetings and other deadlines for Marcus Fabrics.  I will be getting the strike-offs for my next line in the next few weeks.  I've been designing a new BOM with that fabric and I'm writing the directions.

Yesterday I played hooky, and we drove to Oakdale, about 1-1/2 hours away to watch our grandson participate in the Chute Doggin' competition. 


Jess jumped the gun and grabbed the horns before the steer's horns passed over the white line and he got a 10 second penalty which put him out of the money.

He has another opportunity today and his two scores will be averaged.  We are staying put today so I can work on my projects.  I realized that I need to put a spreadsheet together so I can see exactly what needs to be done and by when.  If I see it in print, I may flee from the room and say no, no, NO!

Today, and all this week, I'm going to take the bull by the horns and get some of these pressing things off of my list.  When I can reveal what I'm working on, you will understand and see the complexity of my to-do list.

Soon,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment