Saturday, June 8, 2024

Afternoon Break

 Hello Everyone,

I'm on a roll getting this quilt ready to send off to the machine quilter.  I decided to have a professional tackle this one for a couple of reasons.  Time is of the essence for one thing, and I'm a slow machine quilter.  The other main reason is that my machine quilter is so creative!


I've been getting up between 4 and 5 every morning.  I quilt or applique, answer emails, and do whatever needs to be done before I leave the house at 7:45 and go to the pool for lap swimming for 45 minutes then water aerobics.  The early bird gets to pick any lane of their choice!  Most mornings I have my own private pool.

In the distance, you can see all of the smoke from the controlled burn that settles in every night.  The air quality has not been the best.


Yesterday, I took a quilting break, and we headed three miles up the road to have lunch at Calaveras Big Trees State Park.  We'd heard they have an excellent food truck there.....and they do!  I had a delicious Mediterranean Chicken Saled and Mr. Joe had a Chicken Pita sandwich.  


It was so peaceful sitting by the big meadow while enjoying our lunch.  The birds were talking to us the entire meal.  The sky was so blue, and the smoke was gone.


Today we have our annual homeowner's association meeting at Snowflake Lodge which includes a free lunch.  I have a hot dog about once a year and today is the day! Sometimes they just hit the spot.

Soon,

Lynn





4 comments:

  1. Your quilt will be stunning! It’s so exciting that the piecing part is complete. I just missed you and Joe And the food truck by 4 days. Next year I’ll camp longer - it is so beautiful there a week wasn’t long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn.... Absolutely no words!! It will be...no "IS"...a winner. I knew about the Board Meeting because somehow I was sent an Invite!!!! I hope it's productive in addition to that hot dog luncheon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice you get to swim those laps! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting, anxiously, to see the finished quilt!!💞

    ReplyDelete