Sunday, September 29, 2024

Quilting Inspiration at Inspiration Point

 Hello Everyone,

I spent a wonderful five days at Zephyr Point at beautiful Lake Tahoe at my Sew'n Wild Oaks Quilting Retreat.


This was our workroom for the duration of the retreat. Our bedrooms were on the same floor which was so convenient.


This group of women are so special!  I would sit at my workspace and listen to the chatter and hear spontaneous laughter erupt around the room. 


I start each day of the retreat with an inspirational saying.  My friend, Karen, sent me this during the retreat and this says it all!
Our work area was spacious with direct access to the lake.  Many of the girls would take their handwork outside and enjoy the view.


The water is incredibly blue, clear, and COLD.

We couldn't have asked for better weather.


The dining hall also had beautiful views of the lake.



You can't beat Lake Tahoe for amazing sunsets.

I will be sharing many pictures of the projects the girls created over the next few posts.  I think I have enough pictures to post every day for an entire week!

On a personal note, you may be wondering why I haven't been posting.  Well, I have a good excuse!  Those of you who have been following my blog know that I ended up in the hospital in Denver with a very large blood clot in my leg which was surgically removed.  We drove back home without any issues......until September 8th when I ended up back in the emergency room with a brain bleed (ischemic stroke) from too many blood thinners. I had the worst headache I've ever experienced with uncontrollable vomiting. I was quickly transferred via ambulance from Walnut Creek Kaiser to Kaiser's Neurologic Center in Redwood City, CA.  That was my home for a WEEK!  An entire week of being monitored, tested, scanned, poked and prodded.  Mr. Joe was a trooper and was at my side every day, all day.

It was very questionable whether or not I could attend my own retreat. I told my neurologist that the retreat would be good medicine.....and it was just what the doctor ordered.

I used a walker for a couple of days and quickly ditched that for a cane.  Now I'm caneless.  The only lasting issue that I see is my handwriting isn't as good as it used to be, and I walk very cautiously.  The doctor said I will make a full recovery.

I'm back to quilting on a very limited schedule as I get sooooo tired.  I'm listening to my body and take naps every day.

The girls got me through the retreat with their kindness and love.  It was like having 33 mother hens taking care of me!  I didn't have to lift a finger.

Soon,
Lynn






















3 comments:

  1. The best week with you being the most determined to make it happen for us! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful retreat with plenty of help! Looking forward to your other posting of quilts. Take care, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you some love! You have had quite the health challenges this year. You sure seem to soldier on through them. Praying for full recovery and good health.

    ReplyDelete