Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Country Charmer went on my HandiQuilter yesterday.  This one is going to take me forever to quilt!  Very little marking is required on this one, but lots, and lots of slow work with different templates and rulers.


I felt like I was stuck in a border rut......and needed to challenge myself with something new and different.  I didn't want to quilt just feathers, or straight lines on this version of the quilt.  I had to step outside my comfort zone and quilt something unique. 


I got out my clear plastic drawing sheet and recreated my doodles from a sketchbook, and drew them on the plastic. 


Mr. Joe added his 2 cents, and we decided that we both liked this motif the best.  I'm not quilting the line of squiggles between the straight lines.....overkill on this one.  If I didn't like it, I would be ripping out forever!  The lighter, red check is a woven that doesn't like to have thread ripped out of it.  I learned the hard way on that one!




Once I take it off the machine, and can view the entire quilt, I will then decide if I need to go back and literally fill in the blanks.

On a personal note, our granddaughter graduates from 5th grade this morning.  I seems like it was just yesterday when she was born.  In the blink of an eye, we will be attending her graduation from high school.  Time, TIME.......you go way too fast.  Savor each day by creating, enjoying, and most of all, loving life.

As always,

Lynn



7 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and equally lovely doodle! Would be interested to hear more about your 'clear plastic drawing sheet' - it sounds really useful. Did you make it or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did in the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful border treatment. I love feathers, but this makes a great change, and you have managed to squeeze in a bit of a feather too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, love the clear plastic idea. 5th grade wow wee Middle Schooler Next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet at this very moment you're humming away on the longarm, Lynn! Love the motif you chose - sometimes our better halves are great "collaborators"! Wise words about savoring life - congratulations to your granddaughter!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete