Wednesday, April 3, 2013

For The Love of Baskets

Hello Everyone,
 
Now that Country Charmer is almost finished, I just need to add a label, it's time to get back to the basket quilt.  Remember these?
 

I was doodling and thought I would quilt a basket in the setting squares.


I loaded some practice fabric on the long-arm and tried to re-create my doodles.  This was okay.

 
 
In one of my practice blocks I quilted this.  I loved this one.  Mr. Joe liked this one too. This is it! Since everything I quilt is free motion, they won't all look exactly like this one, but I'll try to have them very similar.  In the grand scheme of the quilt, it will be just fine.....I think.
 


I put some assembled blocks around it to get a feel for how it was going to look when it was all together......and that's when the name of the quilt became perfectly clear.  For The Love of Baskets.  That will be the name of my new pattern!


Just picture quilted hearts in all of the setting squares.  I have a lot of work to do to get this quilt finished, so I'm going to leave you now.  I have a quilt to put together, borders, backing, and binding to make.....then comes the machine quilting!


Soon,
Lynn

15 comments:

  1. It's looking great Linn...love you're quiltingwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that quilting motif you came up with and then...perfect name for the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful....and what a lovely name....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely motif that really adds to the appeal (and name) of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love it when the bells and whistles all go off at once, Lynn? I just adore your quilting for the baskets - and a perfect name, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn - your quilting is so gorgeous. Your are a very talented lady. I love the baskets and look forward to seeing the finished product. I have a question for you on how you put labels on your quilts. I don't label quilts and I've given a lot of quilts away, would you mind a post on labeling quilts for someone who hasn't done it before. I would sure appreciate it. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, that is quite lovely!! Do you have an extension for your long arm? I was thinking about ordering one. Your quilting is just beautiful and your baskets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Lynn. The heart with feathers are quite stunning and you are so clever and I love the name of the quilt. Sometimes that part comes easy and other times I find it difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that! You really are a great machine quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your amazing Lynn.I love everything you do,love the quilting you have planned.. this will be another gorgeous quilt!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect name for your beautiful basket quilt ! The heart quilting is just Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing. Love to see your design process in action, and hearts have always been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilting and a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! What happened here? I blinked and you got all those baskets done and the top completed?!!! You are amazing... as if it wasn't amazing enough seeing the progression of Country Charmer quilt along! You really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Lynn, I've been having a enjoyable time scrolling through your archived posts. How inspiring your work is. I thought I was a pretty decent quiltmaker, until I saw your beautiful work. I'm looking forward to continuing my journey another day!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete