Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Preview Party

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday, quilters from all over the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley flocked to the Purple Orchid Inn for the Christmas Preview Party and luncheon hosted by In Between Stitches.  The theme for the party was BELIEVE. 
 

The crowd started gathering early and waited in the warmth of the sunshine and companionship.
 

Each quilter brought a donation for the Toy 4 Tots program.

 
 
The following pictures are some but not all of the quilts and projects that were on display.  This is a sample of the classes that will be offered during the first quarter of the year at In Between Stitches.  There is something for everyone.  Enjoy the show!
 
















 


 
 




There was a wonderful luncheon followed by an overview of classes from each of the quilting instructors.

I got so caught up in the moment and visiting with my quilting friends, that I forgot to take pictures of the decorations on my table and all of the other tables!  Well, you will just have to take my word for it that the room was very festive, and the tables were beautifully decorated by customers and staff members.

One of my friends commented to my how lucky she feels to live in an area that has such a wonderfully vibrant quilt shop.  The owners of the shop, Melissa and Leslie Emery, do a fabulous job keeping the shop stocked with a diversity of fabrics, books, notions and patterns.  They know and appreciate each and every customer.

We all had such fun and look forward to another year of meeting new friends, learning a new technique,  making and finishing more quilts.   I do BELIEVE everyone had a fabulous day.

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. I love that snowman table topper! All of the quilts posted are just so beautiful. I so hope Santa has a gift card for a quilt shop with my name on it because its been soo long since Ive been able to get any of the great stuff out there! Its true what your friend said, there is maybe one quilt shop in my area and it's nothing like the shop I see on your site, or anyone elses sites as well. Very lucky women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely display of quilts (love the purses & shoes). A wonderful quiltshop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO wish I lived closer to this quilt shop ! Beautiful quilts & that snowman is just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful display of quilts and it must be lovely to have so many classes to choose from next year. The food also looked good and I'm sure you must have all had a great time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been first in line if we lived close, Lynn! You all really know how to throw a party for quilters ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe those are some gorgeous quilts. I would definitely be willing to wait in that line for such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe it's a good job I don't live in the area cos I'd never come out of that classroom, there are going to be so many wonderful quilts being taught.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely celebration! I enjoyed looking at all these wonderful quilts and the fact that this was a time to donate toys for children . . . When getting together to share good company and also spread good cheer and kindness to the community . . . well, that is what Christmas is all about.
    Thanks for including us in your festive day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the cake quilt caught my eye immediately. I wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome event! Love all those quilts and the yummy fabrics used - especially those batiks! ;)

    ReplyDelete