Monday, September 29, 2014

Quilting in the Garden 2014

Hello Everyone,
 
I tried to capture the beauty of Quilting in the Garden in pictures.  If you haven't had the opportunity to attend, start planning ahead for next year.  It is a visual feast watching hundreds of beautiful quilts waving in the breeze!
 



The giant oak trees are amazing.


I worked at the In Between Stitches booth on Saturday and I had the pleasure of meeting and seeing so many of you.  Thank you all very much for stopping by the booth.  I felt like I was in a "hugging booth"!





The weather was spectacular.


My friend Barbara took my Chelsea Cottage class and entered her finished quilt in the show.  Well done!




Barbara also finished her Minglewood quilt, a BOM that I put together at the shop.  This is a work of love!














I love the different shades of green in this photo, from the ivy to the quilts.



The Manteca quilt guild super-sized my Madrigal pattern for their opportunity quilt.


Even the cows were colorful!

 

The End.
Soon,
Lynn

P.S.  Canine Chronicle - Mazey, the amazing wonder dog,  found a wallet just outside the gates of the quilt show.  She will willingly accept her reward in Kibble!




11 comments:

  1. How fun it would be to see this! Thank you for sharing and way to go Mazey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW Mazey was a wonder dog just by looking at her!! The quilt show was as amazing as your pup! Thanks for sharing!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so FUN!!! I just love "exotic" locales for quilt shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky enough to go to this quilts show.......and your pictures did it justice, but I must say that Alden Lane Nursery is the most beautiful nursery I have ever been to.......they are the most knowledgable people....and their gift shop is to die for.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo beautiful. I can't imagine what they would do if it rained...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely photos Lynn. They brought back so many memories of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed all of your pictures . Such beautiful quilts & boy did you luck out with the weather :-D

    Wished I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The reason that you felt like you were in a "hugging Booth" is because you are so sweet and genuine!! :-) And I could have sworn that the Minglewood quilt was yours, but when we looked it up, we saw that it was made by someone else: now I find out that it was one of yours: pattern wise!! :-D And Mazey is such a good girl!! A bit of the Boy Scout in her, I see!! It was so nice to see you Saturday!! Have a great week!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh...thank you for granting my wish...we just strolled thru the garden with you and Mazey. It looks like it was a very well rounded show. I miss those beatiful oaks...even though they seem to enjoy pelting me with acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh...I couldn't be there, but you made me feel as though I was! Thank you, Lynn! We look forward to visiting next year for sure!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that looks just fabulous. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete