UPDATE - 9/17/14 - 3PM I just received a call from the Needle Nellies and they made the decision to cancel their quilt show. The smoke is too thick, and roads are closing around them. Please help support their Volunteer Fire Department by buying a ticket to win the Enchanted Autumn quilt. Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. What a bargain! This show is their main fundraiser for the year......and they are losing the chance to raise money. You can email Lynn Tubbe at: firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a ticket or FIVE. This group of 13 quilters make their community a better, and safer place to live. They are a wonderful, hardworking group of women who I'm proud to call friends. Please help me support their efforts and support their Volunteer Fire Department. ~~Lynn Wilder
I've been very quiet on my blog this week since I've been preparing for the quilt show in Georgetown which might not take place this Saturday.
Those of us living in California are used to natural disasters. We are either shaking like a wet dog....(ask the residents in Napa about this.) Or we are burning down and we don't have any water to fight the fires. Right now we are burning down and my friends, The Needle Nellies in Georgetown, are experiencing this frightening situation first hand.
There's a large fire burning way too close to their community. Several of the Needle Nellies are on voluntary evacuation status.
The Needle Nellies are a small group of quilters that have raised over $40,000 from tickets sales from their opportunity quilt and annual quilt show. All of the money collected is donated to their volunteer fire department. Their volunteer fire department is now on the front lines fighting the King fire that is threatening their small, mountain community.
Tomorrow, the Nellies are going to make the decision on whether or not the quilt show can still take place. I urge you all to go to the Needle Nellies website HERE and purchase a ticket for their award-winning Enchanted Autumn opportunity quilt designed by Verna Mosquera. The money goes to such a good cause, and the girls may be losing their best opportunity to raise funds this weekend.
I'll give you an update tomorrow once I find out the status of the show. In this case, "the show must go on" doesn't apply.