Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Country Charmer Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Last Saturday the girls were very busy and focused in the classroom at In Between Stitches.  They created these beautiful Country Charmer blocks for you to see today.  Don't they look fabulous together! Add some sashing and we have a great scrappy quilt.
 
 
They quickly got to work cutting and laying out their cut fabrics on the block layout sheet.
 

 
 Their fabric selections were all unique and gorgeous.  I was drooling over Kristi's fabrics.



The block layout sheet keeps you organized and accurate.


If the piece doesn't fit, then you cannot commit....to using the piece.


Many of the girls shopped in their stash, I mean SABLE.  Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy.  This is a wonderful scrap quilt, because that is all you need for the blocks.....just little scraps.  Now you will need yardage for the sashing and borders, but the word of the day is SCRAPPY for this quilt.

 

Here we all are at the end of a very productive day.  The best thing is, they are still smiling!  I didn't work them too hard. I like everyone to be successful in my classes.  I want you to be able to go home and confidently make more blocks on your own.  Although, if you do need additional help, I'm at the shop every Monday for consultations.

Speaking of "the shop"....doesn't it look beautiful.  Leslie and Melissa, the shop's owners, have created a haven for quilters.  All who enter here can't help but be happy and filled with quilted inspiration.  We are so fortunate to have the shop in our community, and we love sharing it with the quilting world.
 

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and happy faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country Charmer blocks always get my attention! There are some gorgeous blocks here and I lve the collage you put together. The picture of the group with you sprawled on the floor under your CC quilt is priceless! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CC blocks! I enlarged the photo so I could get a closer look! #3 reminds me of some of your POTC blocks! How interesting is that? Love the one with the floral center and purple chain blocks and the patriotic one too! I thought about doing that when we first started the QAL! I'm interested to see what happens next with the blue "negative space" one and I notice that several look like they'd fit right into my autumn CC! What I love best are all those tired but happy smiles and the view of that beautiful shop with its wonderfully creaky floors and look at you cuddled up with your quilt! Smart Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy you've had quite an influence on your gals in the plaid department, Lynn! I can honestly say my STABLE is filled with more and more plaids these day! Having been in the store, I can say it rates right up there in the top of quilt shops I've been to, and none that I can think of have ever had such a wonderful selection of classes - and teachers :>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an amazing pattern. Great block for a scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful blocks! The same, but so different. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great class - I love all of the different fabric combinations. Hope we get to see some of their finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete