Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

 
Hello Everyone,
 
This beautiful block is brought to you by Laurie.  She is quilting her way though the Country Corners blocks.

She has a wonderful set of blocks going here, and is well on her way to a wonderful finish.


Kathy finished her little Hugh Hefner scarecrow in his attractive smoking jacket for Harvest of Hope.


Wonderful details!

 
 
Kathy appliqued her Lucy Boston block to a piece of fabric, and she'll be turning this into a hot pad.  This is so gorgeous!!  I couldn't put anything on top of it.
 

 

Laurie M. is very precisely moving forward on her Emilie Elizabeth BOM.  She is determined to keep up and not let the BOM program get ahead of her.  In just a few months, she is going to have a finished top!


Laurie also started a cute little Dresden basket with some of the new Jo Morton fabric called Emilie Rose. 


Barbara has been bitten by the Lucy Boston craze.


Her blocks are going to be a beautiful table runner for summer.


Eileen is making a fun and colorful quilt with a mix of batiks and non-batik fabrics.



She had a pile of wonderful blocks.


Here is picture of what she is making that was on her iPad.
Since this was an overflow class from additional sign-ups, it was small.  So I got a chance to quilt too!  I used my time to make some additional blocks for Lil' Orphan Scrappy.  I realized I needed to add more purple to the mix, so purple it was.


Hope you have a creative day.  I'll be writing pattern directions for Grammy Squares.  You know writing directions is not my favorite pastime.....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Lynn, your group looks like a very productive one! One project is just as inspiring as the next. I do have a question for you. I have put Lil Orphan Scrappy on my to-do list, but in looking back through your blog posts, I am unable to locate a pattern. Is this one that is in a book? Have you referenced a pattern that I have just somehow missed? I appreciate any direction you can offer! I do so love that block! And you are right - more purple was absolutely the right call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to have the pattern Eileen is using with her strips! My bee is doing charity quilts with jelly rolls, and this looks like a great pattern! Off to search Google Images. PS - Love Laurie's pink, blue, brown, and cream block at the top of the post. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful blocks everyone is making :-D
    Such a creative group of gals you have there :-D
    I have been meaning to ask you... Will you have a booth at the Auburn quilt show this year ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Hugh Hefner scarecrow is a new one on me - his ascot is to die for! I just hope that there aren't any playgirls showing up in the quilt ;>) Love those spring colors in the Lucy Boston blocks! Saw your Heartfire peek on the Marcus blog - the fabric is gorgeous!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete