Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I'm So Dense!!


Hello Everyone,
 
Grammy Squares is off the long arm and ready for binding!  There were times I didn't think I would ever get this one finished.
 

This picture of the back of the quilt really shows off an interesting pattern and the density of the quilting.  This quilt isn't large, but it is heavy.  I guess the weight of the thread and the wool batting all add up.


I'll have time to get the binding on this week and finish writing the pattern.  My sister Gail and my friend Barbara are testing out the directions for me.  I appreciate their input and good suggestions.  I'll be teaching this as a class on the 14th of March at In Between Stitches.  I will have 15 pattern testers in the class!!  I know the girls will find something that is unclear and needs changing. This pattern is going to be perfect before it's released to the general public.

Opening day for Little League is this Saturday.  This year, two of our little grandsons will be taking the field, along with our son, Coach Chuck.  We LOVE watching the games.  There are many heartwarming moments, typical of a Norman Rockwell painting.  Small town Americana at its best. So many lessons in life are learned on the field.  The importance of teamwork, always doing your best, how to be a good loser, and a gracious winner.  See you on the field!


Soon,
Lynn

16 comments:

  1. You mentioned online and on the Quilt Show cutting pieces and then putting them on a pattern to make sure they are cut correctly. Do those sheets come with each pattern? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt ....and the quilting is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grammy Squares is just beautiful! Congratulations! Have fun at the ball games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Gorgeous Lynn ! You did a Awesome job on the quilting.
    A true work of Art :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grammy squares is amazing. The quilting is just beautiful making it a double sided quilt. Enjoy the ball games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you hit this one out of the park as your grandson's might say ;>) It's truly a gorgeous, heirloom style quilt, Lynn and if you think you're dense - I'd say only dense with lots of great designs swirling around in your head and on your longarm!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning quilt Lynn, but I bet you weerre happy to take it off the frame. I wonder how many hours you spent quilting it?

    That smile is just gorgeous by the way. I bet he's excited about starting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came riding in to the rescue to see why you were calling yourself dense! So relieved that it's only a play on words and that we don't have to have a girl to girl chat about which of us is the dense one!
    Grammy Squares is gorgeous! The top is warm and wonderful and vibrant all at once and the back is an unexpected treat for the eye, And, for the hand that won't be able to stop running over it to feel the rippling texture! I have a very itchy wool granny square afghan that my Grandmother made which lived across the back of her couch. Grammy Squares brings it to mind every time I see it. It's quite large and extremely heavy too. Given the choice, I'd rather curl up in Grammy Squares
    I'm with Sue...that is the most adorable grin ever! Batter Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is beautiful, Lynn!!! Love the way you have quilted it! Since I've only made one block, I have a long way to go! I am getting back to block testing this afternoon. Those Y seams are waiting for me. I'm sure I'll be an expert by the time I am done with this one! Enjoy the games this weekend. Tell the boys to hit a couple of home runs for Auntie Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous quilt! The stitching is wonderful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this quilt and love the effect of the quilting - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hell Lynn,

    Love the photo of the quilting from the back, reminds me of a tiled floor in a old building. Have fun at the ball game. Great title post today Lynn.

    Happy days.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh!! Get the paddles...this one is drop dead GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just gorgeous!!! and the quilting on the back is wonderful!! Your patience in quilting every round of the hexies sure paid off!! Have fun watching the games!!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynn, it is stunning. I had not caught the hexie bug until you made Grammy Squares and now that you have finished the quilting, it is truly hard to resist the temptation. If only I had a suitable stash.

    Next update on DH as requested: He is now home as of Wednesday afternoon for loving, tender, end of life care with Palliative nurses coming to our home to help me as often as I need. He is now very weak but is still eating and walking short distances very slowly. Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really looks great. I can see it made up in bright prints in my mind.

    ReplyDelete