Friday, July 3, 2015

Lil' Orphan Scrappy

Hello Everyone,
 
Remember this quilt?  Long, lost Lil' Orphan Scrappy?  The quilt made with only Marcus Fabrics?  The quilt made entirely from my stash?  The quilt that is going to be huge because I don't know when to stop?
 
 
I'm really embracing the "slow stitching" wave that I'm reading about on other blogs.

 
 
Well, I'm finally getting back to her.  What's it been.....a year in the making now?  All of these blocks are just waiting patiently to become a quilt.  Good things come to those who wait.
 


The last blocks are cut and ready for assembly.

 
I'm teaching this class in August at In Between Stitches so it needs to be finished.....and the pattern needs to be written.....soon!
 
Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. I could just eat Lil' Orphan Scrappy! Gorgeous blocks with those beautiful fabrics and an awesome name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, and I love how you are making a sort-of border too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, nothing like a deadline to provide a little inspiration. Still loving this one - it gets better with age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to get back to an old friend, isn't it! I love the border - all those scraps look pretty darned sophisticated with it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn...I love your blocks and quilt!! I would love to take your class but In Between Stitches is too far away! When will your pattern be ready? I would be most interested. Thank you! I love all that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see this! I am so enamored with it. Glad you're getting back to it! :) I'm eager to see how much more awesome it will get!

    ReplyDelete