Thursday, July 30, 2015

Make the Popcorn

Hello Everyone,

Make the popcorn and have it ready while you watch me on The Quilt Show.com tomorrow!
The first class in a series of six segments will begin airing on July 31st.  I post more about this tomorrow.

First I want to share Barbara's border on Grammy Squares.  Those are 1/2" squares!


 She used her 1" strips left over from making the hexagons.  The borders look like a stained glass window.  Amazing!

 
Barbara "stripped" throughout the whole class on Tuesday while she worked on the top and bottom borders.
 



There is a lot going on under the oaks at Sew'n Wild Oaks.  It's all good.....it's all exciting.....it's all making me crazy.  I'm busy finishing up Lil' Orphan Scrappy and I'll finish writing the pattern.  I'm teaching this at In Between Stitches soon, so I think I'd better get it done!  The quilt will be completed before the class begins......now I don't know if it will be quilted or not......probably not, but I will give it a go.

 
I'm speaking and teaching a workshop in Chico next week at Annie's Star Quilt Guild.  Mr. Joe and I printed and stuffed patterns all day yesterday.  There's always a lot to do before a guild event.  I'm working my way through my to-do list and turning it into my "done" list.

So come on back tomorrow and I'll post another link to The Quilt Show.com.  Tomorrow's lesson is all about my tools of mass creation.

Soon,
Lynn


 

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting!!! Can't wait to see your Quilt Show series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grammy Squares quilt is gorgeous, Barbara! You are inspiring me to finish mine. I am still doing "Y" seams! I'll look forward to seeing your finished quilt in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you next week!
    And to popcorn tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How soon will the pattern "Little Orphan Scrappy" be available to those of us outside your area? And, look forward to watching you on TQS. Popcorn sounds good also.

    ReplyDelete