Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ladies of the Lake Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm busily getting my booth ready for the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Show in Lakeport, CA this weekend.  They made a beautiful, and larger version of my Country Charmer pattern for their opportunity quilt.  I think I'm going to have to buy some raffle tickets!
 
 
I will be doing a half-hour demonstration each day on how to make this quilt.

The quilt show will be held at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Lakeport, which is by Clear Lake.  The location is very close to the devastating Valley Fire.  It is my understanding that 6 of the guild's members lost their homes in the fast moving fire.


The smoke has cleared, the roads are all open, and the show must go on!  Thelma and Louise, (Gail and I) will hit the road early tomorrow morning to drive our goodies to the show. I hope to see some of you there to support another worthy cause.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear the Ladies of the Lake are going ahead with their quilt show. Very special that Country Charmer is their Opportunity quilt and you will be there doing demos for it. Have a great time both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hardy and dedicated group of quilters to not cancel their show! I'm sure it will be bittersweet for many, but I know this get together will only strengthen their resolve to keep going in the face of the fires.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty that Country Charmer is! And how awful for those that lost their homes in such a terrible way. My heart goes out to them. Hope you and Gail have as blast!

    ReplyDelete