Thursday, January 18, 2018

Country Sunshine Version #2

Hello Everyone,
 
I've hunkered down over the past couple of days and finished all of the blocks, sashing strips, and got this quilt together.
 

Today, I'll trim up the sides and get the borders cut and sewn on.  Very simple borders will highlight the quilt center.  Tomorrow I'll make the backing.

 
Next week I'll get this one on the long arm and machine quilt until I drop.
 
 
On the fugitive front, he's still at large.  We don't have the huge police presence in town, so I'm assuming that law enforcement believes that he has left the area.  We are still keeping vigilant, with the doors locked night and day.  Our alarm is on at night.  If it goes off, we will be shocked and terrified at the same time. 

We are back to walking Mazey at night.  I was a little jumpy when I heard something in the woods which got this old heart pounding.  Mazey started barking then whining.  Two dogs came running toward us.  Mr. Joe had the composure to pull out the air horn and gave it a couple of good blasts.  Luckily the dogs retreated one way and we retreated the other.  When the dog's owner walks them by our house on a daily basis, he can hardly keep control of them on leash.  This is only the second time we've seen the dogs running loose since 2005, so it isn't a daily occurrence.  They are scary animals.  One of them is named Samson......does that tell you anything?  A bear would be in retreat mode if it saw Samson.

It is supposed to start snowing tonight.  Mr. Joe is so anxious to use the new generator.  It think it is a little noisy.....but I can't hear as well now after the double blast from the air horn the other night!

Soon,
Lynn

12 comments:

  1. My, my, my, your pieced quilt top is beautiful. Every block has tight corners and everything looks so perfect (unlike my quilts)LOL. I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble in your neighborhood. A person should be able to feel safe in their own home and be able to walk their dog without fear hostile animals.
    Have fun finishing this lovely quilt and if you have the time, come visit. I am celebrating 6 years of blogging with a Give-A-Way.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly feeling the heat from your Country Sunshine, Lynn! She's a beauty! For moving to a quiet little mountain community, you three have had more than your share of excitement - fires, bear, wild dogs, escaped prisoners! There's more Sew'n than just Wild Oaks LOL!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace is right. This new life is keeping you alert and on your toes. You make me laugh Lynn. I thought about my ears when I read about the air horn. Had a few bad experiences at baseball and even basketball games with those things. There is a need for them but not in a closed building. Yikes Keep those blogs coming. As I have said many times, you and Gail could write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Country Sunshine Version #2 is absolutely gorgeous! How do you ever decide how to quilt something like this? You always design the most beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!!!!! Closing my eyes now - no temptation at this time - LOL. Keep on Lynn, beautiful work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL on the air horn / hearing comments.
    Your top is beautiful and I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have picked the perfect fabrics to show off this patter - just so warm and cozy. Another beauty! It will be fun to see how you quilt it. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is a beauty! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the colors and how precise everything looks! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, just beautiful. Stay safe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sashing fabric is stunning! Hello? Hello? Did you hear me? I said, "YOUR SASHING FABRIC IS STUNNING!" Hahaha! I thought I'd up the decibels since your ears were ringing from the air horn! hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful quilt!! It's going to be stunning when the quilting is done. And stay safe: glad you had the airhorn to scare off the dogs on the loose!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete