Saturday, January 13, 2018

Country Sunshine

Hello Everyone,
 
I've not dropped off the planet, I've been traveling.  This week I was at the Folsom and Fiber Quilt Guild for a lecture and a workshop.  I'll post picture of those fun ladies and their creations tomorrow.
 
My sister Gail went with me to Folsom to be my "Vanna" during the lecture, then she helped out with the workshop the next day.  When we returned to the cabin, I put her to work pattern testing Country Sunshine. Here is Gail's block.
 

I'm down to the last five blocks for this quilt. Of course there are more sashings to make, setting triangles, borders.....etc. etc.   I would love to be able to get the top together before the big quilt show in Folsom in February.  It would only be a flimsy, but it would show a different colorway.  The fabrics used in this quilt are Crystal Farm from Andover Fabrics.


Here is the first Country Sunshine using Rachael Remembered fabrics from Moda.  This one is going on the long arm in the next couple of weeks.  I'm going to make the backing and get this one done!  Side by side they don't look like the same pattern.

 
I usually make every pattern twice, if not three times, in one case four times to show the quilt using a different fabric palette. You know me, I would love to make this into a very scrappy quilt and use black in the sashing.  That is NOT going to get done anytime soon!

I'll be working on the pattern directions today during football playoffs.  I may try to sneak back into my sewing room and make another block or two. A lot depends on how exciting the games are, and how much they hold my attention and keep me from my appointed writing task.

There is a fugitive loose in our area, a robbery suspect with a long list of warrants out for his arrest.  A reward has also been posted for this "most wanted" man in Calaveras County.  We curtailed our nightly walk with Mazey.  These two, gray-haired geezers would be easy "pickens" since we couldn't out run each other let alone a desperado. Mazey would lick him to death and want to play.  A two-legged creature scares me more than a four-legged furry creature.  The air horn isn't going to work on this fugitive.  We drove to town twice yesterday, and each time we saw four sheriff vehicles patrolling.  I didn't know our county had that many.  There was a big community meeting the other night at Independence Hall regarding this man, and crime in general.  Mr. Joe tried to attend the meeting, but by the time he arrived it was standing room only, and the only standing room was outside in the cold.....he was home early.  Needless to say, we are keeping the cabin buttoned up pretty tight both night and day.  Our trusty guard dog slept like a baby all night.  I wish I could say the same for me.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Maybe you can entice the bears out of hibernation to patrol your property to keep the undesirables at bay!! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your sunny quilt would sure brighten things up here in the Northwoods during this very dreary winter! I'm warming up just looking at those luscious blocks, Lynn!
    Eek - nothing worse than a two legged predator! Mazey might need a guard dog class or two - no licking and wagging allowed. You two stay safe!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your safety! It's too bad our country has turned into a scary place to live and makes us frightened to go outside our locked doors! Stay safe! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Loving your Country Sunshine pattern, especially in the Crystal Farm fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pattern is great and I enjoy seeing the quilt in different colors and fabrics.

    Hope the desperato is caught quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new pattern and both colorways you made it in. Keep your doors locked and be safe. I hope your sheriff catches the desperado soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking block Gail! And I hope you all keep doing those smart things to keep yourselves safe up there. You need a gun training course and a gun. It would keep you safe from the 2 and 4 legged critters. I love my cabin residing friend and want her to be safe!!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn, I really enjoyed your lecture and workshop in Folsom! You really kept us on our toes! Gail seems to be your secret weapon in getting so much done! Scary to have a dangerous criminal loose. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete