Friday, January 19, 2018

First Flimsy of the Year

Hello Everyone,
 
Borders on......check.  Dog on.....check.
 


As soon as I get the camera out, Mazey goes into "pose" mode.  I always take pictures of my quilts draped over this old sled, and she knows it's time to have her picture taken.  Her golden hair blends in perfectly.

Today is backing day.....my least favorite part of making a quilt.  I will most likely use the leftovers, cut them all up and stitch them all back together in a scrappy back.  Mazey loves backing day because she will roll around on the fabrics so carefully arranged on the floor.

We just got a dusting of snow in the night.  The deck looks like the angels sifted powdered sugar from the heavens.  We aren't going to have to dig our way out today.  I can probably use a broom on the driveway.

We had another load of wood delivered the other day.  The young man said he would stack it for us for an additional fee.  I guess he thought we didn't look robust enough to carry all of the wood down the hill to the cabin.  We declined his offer, although it was a fair price.  By the time we finished, our hill looked more like Mt. Everest every time I went back up to put another few pieces of wood in my carrier.  Mr. Joe manhandles the wheelbarrow.  He likes to think he's Paul Bunyon.  I guess that makes me Babe, his trusty blue ox. 

Speaking of being a "babe".....I got my hair cut yesterday......all of them......very, VERY short.  I guess I forgot to mention to my new hairdresser that I didn't want my hair shorter than my husband's.  I guess I also forgot to mention that I didn't want to be able to see my scalp.  I guess I also forgot to mention that I would prefer to look like a woman.....not Babe the Blue Ox. I also learned not to get my hair cut short when the temps dip into the low 30's.....my ears are cold.  Maybe this new "do" will grow on me.....literally.

Soon,
Lynn

 

15 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn!!! What a roller coaster of a week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No picture of the new do??? I'm considering getting my hairs cut shorter than usual. Maybe I'd like your style??!!?? ;)
    Beautiful flimsy, beautiful dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the only difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is two weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both beauties and I don't mean your hairdo LOL! Actually I haven't seen your new do...I totally know about hairdressers getting scissor happy! The good news is it will grow back - until then you can always wear your Maxine hat and just say your hair is in rollers!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happens at the retreat, stays at the retreat! :)

      Delete
    2. Amen to that Lynn. AMEN!! :) :) :) Can not wait to see your hair.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I go to the hairdresser, I always tell them to cut it a little longer than I actually want it. You can always have it trimmed a little more before you leave, if it's too long. That feels better to me than being too embarrassed to go out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss 'doing wood' as we call it and I also miss having the heat of a wood stove - nothing like it. What I don't miss are the tired muscles at the end of it, but it's great exercise. Good for you for hanging in there. Mazey and the quilt were meant for each other. BTW, there must have been a short hair bulletin sent to hairdressers this week because I got mine cut and, despite asking for just a trim, seem to have it much shorter than it was. Ah well, it always grows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to read these comments! The quilt is gorgeous, especially knowing a Golden, Mazey, has lived on it. I, too, had a hair trim, with the goal of letting it grow out a bit “the trim to begin the process”. Hopefully seeing you in Folsom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hair dressers become scissor happy and think that they know better, or they start talking and forget how much they are cutting! I know how you feel. Hubby shapes my neckline - most cannot do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is gorgeous! What pattern is it? And Mazey is also gorgeous. Our Airedale runs when the camera comes out or, at the very least, turns her head away. It fun to see a dog who poses.

    So sorry about your haircut. I think I've had more miscommunication with hairdressers than anyone except my husband. I show a photo, give a description, say a length and I might just as well have not said anything. They always do whatever they want. The only consolation is that it will grow -- except during these cold winter months, well, brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! Both the quilt and Mazey! :-) I think we've all had those extremely short hair cut experiences...I always wondered what the hairdresser was thinking about when she was doing the cutting... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hats are all the rage! When I helped my husband haul wood, I used a big metal red flyer wagon. It did double duty as I used it in the garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quilt is BEAUTIFUL! and Mazey is precious!
    What is it with beauticians wanting to cut hair so short?

    ReplyDelete