Friday, April 27, 2018

Forest for the Trees

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been working on my forest this week for the Alaskan Quilt Cruise.  The brown fabric for the tree trunks, and all of the rest of the fabrics arrived from Marcus Fabrics last week.  They are perfect!
 



The Eagle's Nest blocks will be perched above the trees in this row by row quilt.

 
Today I'm going to work on the Flying Geese which will be flying below the Midnight Sun blocks.


The Aurora blocks are finished.

 
I have two more Glacier Bay blocks to make.


There are four more Gold Rush blocks for the bottom row.  The little Bear Paws will be walking on top of this row. 


I designed a new block called Skagway that I haven't started making yet. 

Working in batiks is out of my wheelhouse, so it's been challenging, yet fun.  I'm loving the vibrancy of the fabrics which are all from Marcus Fabrics, Primo Batiks lines by Sarah J Maxwell. 

I have to switch gears and start preparing for the quilt show in Grass Valley the first weekend in May.  The show is called Springtime in the Pines.  I will have a large booth full of special goodies for all of the shoppers.....that is if I pull it all together next week!

Soon,
Lynn
 

6 comments:

  1. Lynn, loving the way your blocks are looking. One would never know that you are working out of your comfort zone. Can not wait to see it live. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment keeps disappearing but what I am trying to say is that I wish I could be one of your shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are beautiful!!! You are so talented, always choosing the perfect fabric combinations. Thank you for posting as often as you do. I love looking at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking so forward to seeing this completed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One Alaska Quilt will be worth a thousand photos! Can't wait to sink my teeth into this, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to see a talented maker stretching themselves to new heights! Your fabric and color combinations are always so great:-) Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Have a great show in Grass Valley!

    ReplyDelete