Thursday, April 19, 2018

Mile High Pie

Hello Everyone,
 
We did a quick trip yesterday to Sonora to drop patterns and a quilt off at Quail's Nest Quilt Company.  Just as we walked out the door, I decided to take Country Sampler with me for a photo shoot.  We called our friend Kaaren and asked her if she wanted to come with us.  Thirty minutes later, we were in the car and headed over the river and through the woods to Sonora.
 


Part of the plan, and the carrot to get Mr. Joe and Kaaren along for the ride, was planning to stop at Cover's Apple Ranch for lunch.


I knew it was out in the country, but we'd not been there before.  I thought surely it would be a great place to get some pictures of Country Sampler.


.....and it was the perfect location for pictures.



Just take a gander at this pie!  And yes, there are ganders at Cover's much to the delight of children.  Each pie contains 12 apples!

 
To serve this pie, you don't cut it into slices, you just put it in the center of the table and everyone dives in with their own fork.  This pie would last a nanosecond in our family.  The only exception would be our daughter who doesn't eat desserts.  I need to run a DNA test on her to make sure she is my child. 


We are looking forward to a return trip to Cover's to try their breakfast menu.  I have it on good authority their biscuits and gravy is top notch.  I have never ordered biscuits and gravy in my life, but there's always the first time for everything.

On another note, stop by the Manteca Quilt Show this weekend and visit my buddies from Quails Nest, Ladybugs Quilts, Lori's Jellies/Jams, and Material Girlfriends. 

No vending at a show for me this weekend. I'll be on the baseball and softball field watching the grand kids play ball.  Watching them on the field is my favorite pastime.....next to quilting!

Soon,
Lynn
 

1 comment:

  1. Susan from KentuckyApril 19, 2018 at 10:25 AM

    Beautiful setting for pictures of your Country Sampler quilt! Looks like a neat place, and those pies!! How delicious do those look? Did you get one?

    ReplyDelete