Monday, July 2, 2018

Life in the Slower Lane


Hello Everyone,

I’m all packed and ready to go to Alaska.  Before I go, I’ve been enjoying life in the slower lane.  Slow lane for me is sitting down for about an hour and reading a good book.

All 48 kits were made and mailed.  Two quilts and two new patterns were finished.  I’m no longer waking up in a cold sweat wondering how everything is going to get done.  It’s done, and I’m ready to go.



We were going to head down to the city on Wednesday to catch the boat on Thursday.  The County Fair changed our plans when our granddaughter’s pig, called Half-Baked, won first place in his class.  Now, he’s going for Supreme Grand Champion this Wednesday.  We can’t miss that!


Here’s Harleigh with Half Baked.


Then our grandson’s summer league baseball team has been doing so well that he plays tonight and tomorrow night after sweeping all of their weekend games.  We can’t miss out on those two games.


Then tomorrow morning, granddaughters Emily and Harleigh are showing their goats at the fair.  We can’t miss that either!

So much for my life in the slower lane.

Soon,
Lynn






3 comments:

  1. Might not be slower but it certainly is joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats to your grand kids!!!! Awesome news! What an exciting week. Enjoy the cruise. I’ll be thinking about all the lucky quilters as they quilt and cruise with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life in the slow lane is sure whizzing by!!! Enjoy your time with your grandkids: Congrats to them!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete