Thursday, July 26, 2018

Preparing for Class

Hello Everyone,
 
I have just a few minutes to post this morning before I hit the road for Country Pines Quilt Shop in Susanville, CA.  I'll be teaching there on Friday and Saturday.
 
I'm preparing blocks for class to show what you can do with components on the block layout sheet.  The following two blocks are from my Country Sampler pattern.
 


I'm going to make a scrappy Country Sampler.  I'll use black in my sashing as a separator.  When I do that, I can combine so many different colors in the quilt.


Yesterday I stopped long enough to change some quilts around.  I put my Prairie Flower quilt on our bed.  The room is an explosion of patchwork!  Mr. Joe made the lights out of an old pair of snowshoes.  He can make anything!


The quilt hanging on the wall was in an old Quilt Sampler magazine from The Quilt House in Gardnerville, NV.  It is displayed on an old rake that I bought for $3.00 at a junk shop.  I'm always looking for things just like it to display quilts.

The quilt above the bed is my Emilie Elizabeth pattern.  The quilt at the bottom of the bed is called Sallie's Choice by Paula Barnes.  The pillows are a Thimbleberries pattern.


I have about a five hour drive ahead of me today so I'd better get cracking.  I'll post pictures over the weekend from my classes.  Have a great weekend! 

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking bedroom! I love the rake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style!!! Thanks for your blog, I really enjoy your beautiful quilts, words and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete