Sunday, October 14, 2018

Another Week in Review

Hello Everyone,
 
Here is just a small sample of what my week was like.  I was way too busy to post a thing!  I spent Monday getting ready for my visit to the Sierra Gold Quilters Guild.  I did a lecture on Tuesday, then a workshop on Wednesday.
 


This was such a nice classroom filled with a group of fun and talented quilters.



Once the girls made some components, they put them on the design wall and started to play with the arrangement.






As the day goes on, the arrangements become more complex.



My Patchwork Math workshop is my favorite class to teach.  I see many "lightbulb" moments and so much creativity.




 
 
I was delighted when one of the girls showed me her finished Grammy Squares quilt. So well done!


This is a picture of my sister Gail buried behind a pile of fat quarter towers and fat 1/8th bundles.  We spent all of Thursday cutting and packaging in preparation for the Independence Hall Quilt Show next weekend at Ironstone Winery in Murphys, CA.  My booth is going to be filled with gorgeous fabrics.  I still have to do a post showing you all of the fabrics that I've been buying over the past few weeks at some of my favorite shops.  They deserve an entire post all to themselves.


Friday, we drove down to the Bay Area to watch our granddaughter Kinsey, cheer the high school JV team to victory.  We are a football family and watched our sons play on the gridiron for years.  Now we watch the cheerleaders.  This is Kinsey with her base partner from the team.  The two of them support the "flyer".  This young man is our other granddaughter's date for Homecoming next weekend.


At the conclusion of the football game, we drove across town and watched our grandson play in his Fall Ball baseball game under the lights. 


Here is Jess after he was hit by a pitch.  He was fine, and shook it off on his way to 1st base.


Here I am with my daughter-in-law, April.  She is the queen of selfies.  When I take a selfie, (all of maybe three times), I'm not very successful getting everyone in the picture, let alone finding the right button to push.  We end up laughing so much we look like dorks!


Saturday morning, we were up at 4:30am and on the road to the Cow Palace just south of San Francisco.

Our other granddaughter Emily, was showing a goat at the Junior Livestock Show during the Grand National rodeo.  I have never seen so many goats, pigs, and sheep together at the same time.  My oh my, insert smell-o-vision here!


Our kids keep their kids so involved in outside activities, they don't have time to get into mischief. They are good people.....all of them, and we love our time together. 

We literally drove across the state from East to West yesterday.  We were completely exhausted, and hit the sack around 8pm.  We wouldn't have missed seeing the grand kids participate in all of their passions for the world.  It keeps us young.....I think.

This week I'll be preparing for the 3-day show.  Then, my second retreat starts on Monday the 22nd.  I have 35 people arriving!!!  Am I totally nuts????  What was I thinking scheduling 2 major events back to back?  You should see my to-do list, which I need to start working on muy pronto!

Soon,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment