Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Show and Retreat Preparations Continue

Hello Everyone,
 
I actually spent some time in my quilting room yesterday and made a little 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" foundation pieced house.  I wanted to check out my pattern first before I made a fool of myself demonstrating in front of my retreaters! 

 

My goal is to make little patriotic houses to go into an arrangement something like this that I threw on the design wall at my last retreat.  The plan includes twelve houses. This one took me so long to make, it may turn into a mug rug.  I know the first one always takes the longest....in my case too long.  If I continue with my plan, I'm going to make all 12 at the same time, and sew piece one to piece two on all of them, and continue around the block.  Maybe that way I won't have to rip out.  My seam ripper and I became ONE yesterday.  Do you know how hard it is to rip out when you've set your stitch to itty-bitty?

 
Our little tree out front is starting to show us some color.  I have to catch it quick, because it will be gone in the blink of an eye.  I hope the leaves can hang in there just a bit longer, and starts showing some red and orange.  The nights have been chilly, so the color will be different today.  I'll check it out when the sun comes up. 
 
I don't venture outside until daylight.  The neighbor captured a mountain lion on their critter cam last week.  They make me more nervous than the bears.  I mountain lion would take one look at Mazey and think of her as a tasty morsel.
 


I have to finish up pricing for the show today and update my product spreadsheets.  I also have to pick up my sewing room so the girls don't think a bomb went off in it.  What a glorious mess!  While picking up, I may just find some real treasures.

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Ekk! A mountain lion would certainly keep me indoors. Your houses are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet block! Have fun at retreat and do stay away from those mountain lions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tiny patriotic house blocks!

    ReplyDelete